TNIAAM Imagines a Carrier Dome Center Court Setup | Syracusefan.com

TNIAAM Imagines a Carrier Dome Center Court Setup

shandeezy7

Living Legend
With bonus new court design!

16lahcw.jpg

Looks pretty awesome, but it also looks to me like it would require digging out the dome floor and having seating on the sidelines that comes down further. But hey, it looks pretty awesome!

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/6/2/8713999/carrier-dome-center-court-syracuse-design

I don't think digging out the floor of the dome in one area would be a big deal. Its likely that engineering how the football field would work back over the top of it would be the bigger hurdle.

With bonus new court design!

16lahcw.jpg

Looks pretty awesome, but it also looks to me like it would require digging out the dome floor and having seating on the sidelines that comes down further. But hey, it looks pretty awesome!

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/6/2/8713999/carrier-dome-center-court-syracuse-design
Looks great for basketball. But how do you convert it back for football and lax?

Incidentally, this is the sort of configuration that should be used by the NCAA for the FF. Except they want 60k+ in the stands, not a measly 50,000.

Looks great for basketball. But how do you convert it back for football and lax?

Incidentally, this is the sort of configuration that should be used by the NCAA for the FF. Except they want 60k+ in the stands, not a measly 50,000.
That setup would be 65,000+. It's the current Dome seating plus all the added orange seating (I'm guessing there's 15,000+ down there).

That setup would be 65,000+. It's the current Dome seating plus all the added orange seating (I'm guessing there's 15,000+ down there).
Is there a 65,000 seat basketball/hockey arena in the world?

Interesting for sure. Those concourses better be huge to accommodate the extra people, bathrooms beer and food venues especially with no back court. Any boxes?

So, it'll be 2/3 empty for most of the regular season. SU better cover the whole 300 level with tarps.

So, it'll be 2/3 empty for most of the regular season. SU better cover the whole 300 level with tarps.
Or, they could just sell $8 tickets to that section, and we could average 45,000 for the year. That'd be a recruiting draw!

I know it's just a photoshop, but that court is placed so low that it would obstruct views for many of the 100-level seats. Just need to raise the court up so that it maintains the same pitch as the 100-level. I know a new stadium seems to be trending more towards fantasy these days, but modern technology can do wonders for configurations.

While we're talking fantasies, the cost to dig a hole as deep and wide inside the Dome would be astronomical. Maybe see if destiny can loan some of those bulldozers they are using to move all that dirt near the Inner Harbor.

I know it's just a photoshop, but that court is placed so low that it would obstruct views for many of the 100-level seats. Just need to raise the court up so that it maintains the same pitch as the 100-level. I know a new stadium seems to be trending more towards fantasy these days, but modern technology can do wonders for configurations.

While we're talking fantasies, the cost to dig a hole as deep and wide inside the Dome would be astronomical. Maybe see if destiny can loan some of those bulldozers they are using to move all that dirt near the Inner Harbor.

I think digging a hole is the easy part if you can get the equipment in. Removing the dirt and concrete to another location would probably cost more than digging the hole. I think the engineering and structure to be able to put a fball and lax court back on top would be the more expensive part.

I've long championed the idea of a lower seating bowl for basketball with a retractable football floor.

That said, not a fan of the court's design or size (that's gotta be 100'x200').

Who was the poster that mentioned Friends Arena in Sweden with the retractable, hydrolic lower seating? We need this!

Seriously, when I win the Mega Millions, I'm donating half to building a freakin' shape-shifting stadium.

Or, they could just sell $8 tickets to that section, and we could average 45,000 for the year. That'd be a recruiting draw!
they will.

and all the Orange seats will be $500-$1000 per game and empty.

and then people will stop going even to the cheap seats because the place is 'empty'.