To bad we couldn't get a front shot of Robersons Face... | Syracusefan.com

To bad we couldn't get a front shot of Robersons Face...

I wanted to beat pitt more then I wanted to win today, tough to watch a ballgame when thats the case and we were down most of the time. They will always be more of a rival then duke for me imo.

Anyway got to give them credit they made 4-5 tough jumpers the second half everytime we got momentum.

How did it happen? I realized what time it was late and it took me too long to get my computer set up.

Im glad they didn't show the front of his face. That one close up shot was enough for me. Geez.

What happened. I was at the game and he went right down on the opposite end from where I was sitting. How did it happen? Why no review? Why wasn't it a foul, did one of our own guys do it? If so and the ref saw it not needing to see a review, then why in heavens did he allow the play to go on when he went down? What made it even worse was that Pitt scored on that play while Robeson was writhing on the ground on the opposite end.

I know it was a elbow to the head in the first half, off a pit defensive rebound the announcer who loves pitt ( I mean the announcer) said he had no room to come down with the ball, not sure if it was a elbow swing or he was just landing(looked like a half swing on the replay). But anyway roberson had a gauze on his forehead, cotton up his nose, probably a second gauze, and I could still see some blood around his cheek the rest of the game.

What happened. I was at the game and he went right down on the opposite end from where I was sitting. How did it happen? Why no review? Why wasn't it a foul, did one of our own guys do it? If so and the ref saw it not needing to see a review, then why in heavens did he allow the play to go on when he went down? What made it even worse was that Pitt scored on that play while Robeson was writhing on the ground on the opposite end.
A Pitt guy came down with a rebound and landed on TR's face. I assume that by the time the refs noticed it, the fast break was on so they're not supposed to stop play. On the other hand, the break stalled a little so they should have at that point.

Didn't look like it was worth reviewing.

Later he also got whacked on the nose causing him to bleed from there and then got hit on the cut a 2nd time, I believe.

17080250-mmmain.jpg

would've at least liked him to knock somebody to the ground in the last minute. no shame in retaliation.

How did it happen? I realized what time it was late and it took me too long to get my computer set up.
Nothing unusual .. just an average Pitt rebound with the kid's elbow flying into Tyler's face. He hit Tyler so hard, Tyler looks like he got hit by a car .. and not even a glance from the "officials". The Pitt fix was on today, boys and girls.

There was one time where Rak either traveled or got an offensive foul where I think he finally somewhat lost it - he just sort of spazzed. Looked he wanted to just throw the elbow into wherever it landed, and then go from there....too bad he didn't land it.

That has to rank as one of the most frustrating games to watch, ever. There's nothing more infuriating than seeing a team waste time for 34 seconds and then have some tool (Chris Jones) heave in a miracle 3 at the last second with the defender's hands in his face. On defense, Pitt got away with murder ... and when we came back (thank you BJ and Buss), the one (corrupt?) "ref" made sure the game was sealed for Pitt by inventing a nickel-and-dime screen foul ... which wasn't called against either team all game and is almost never called in the final seconds of a game. The travel no-call was so blatant it leads me to suspect something beyond incompetence going on with the officiating today.

Last edited:
Nothing unusual .. just an average Pitt rebound with the kid's elbow flying into Tyler's face. He hit Tyler so hard, Tyler looks like he got hit by a car .. and not even a glance from the "officials". The Pitt fix was on today, boys and girls.
Agree, fix was on. That one point, we're actually playing off the lead with that garbage call. Hasn't been the first game this season the refs decided who would win.

Agree, fix was on. That one point, we're actually playing off the lead with that garbage call. Hasn't been the first game this season the refs decided who would win.
Ya I was at the game and watched the HIT -- I think it was the Pitt player's R elbow which he stuck out as he rammed Tyler's face and head. How the officials could miss that, or see it and not at least walk over to the monitor, is beyond me.

And the traveling and illegal screen calls ... I mean ... they're so blatant that they speak for themselves. I'd like to see this game reviewed at the league level ... if there's anyone up there paying attention to the atrocious officiating going on in the ACC.

Last edited:
kid became legend today -
love the pic- says volumes about the kid-

in 10 years he will have ended the game on one leg both arms broke and a eye gouged out -lol
Very good point... I was preoccupied with how Pitt could get away with a play like that .. and almost forgot how amazing it was to see him bandaged up and come back in and play. Tyler .. your fans may disagree on what position you fit best ... but today you played like a man. Congrat's on a great effort.

The referees stole our opportunity to win both this and the Villanova game.

College hoops sucks.

For my own mental health and the safety of those around me, I don't think I should ever watch another Pitt game. I just absolutely cannot tolerate anything about that friggen team. And for somehow their unbelievable perversion of the game to be allowed - nay, encouraged - by the officials year in and year out is just beyond my comprehension. It has been almost a decade now since it became physically dangerous to play against them - where "winning" means ending the game with both eyes still inside your skull. WHY? Why is it allowed to continue? Why does it go on for 39 minutes only to have the game decided by calling a fugging moving screen on the leading scorer in the conference, who is a senior, who has been shafted six ways from Sunday by the powers that be, who is the model of everything a student athlete should be, on his home court after being the victim of assualt and battery all damn day. And there is absolutely nothing new or surprising about it. It happens every g-damn time we play these freaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom