Tom Caporale: New Director of FL VA and JUCO Recruiting | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tom Caporale: New Director of FL VA and JUCO Recruiting

A good friend of mine’s son is a S&C coach. He’s had jobs including assistant and head strength & conditioning jobs at D1 schools in Indiana, California and Maryland plus a job with the government training in the Air Force after training athletes for the US Olympic weightlifting team. He’s only 35 years old and was approached by a Louisiana high school who offered more than he was making as the head of the Maryland D1 school. He took the job and his parents told us how shocked the were what they were paying him for high school sports.
wat

Come on.

That really pisses me off. Not for him.

But because that's not where Louisiana's education funding should be going.

A good friend of mine’s son is a S&C coach. He’s had jobs including assistant and head strength & conditioning jobs at D1 schools in Indiana, California and Maryland plus a job with the government training in the Air Force after training athletes for the US Olympic weightlifting team. He’s only 35 years old and was approached by a Louisiana high school who offered more than he was making as the head of the Maryland D1 school. He took the job and his parents told us how shocked the were what they were paying him for high school sports.
That’s fine, but I didn’t make that number up. I took his salary off the Florida open information site and added the stipend in the Dade County teachers contract.

Now he might make more doing camps, through a booster club, etc., but this is inner city Miami not Texas suburbs.

wat

Come on.

That really pisses me off. Not for him.

But because that's not where Louisiana's education funding should be going.
That makes a lot of assumptions too.

Yeah so if it turns out it's a private school or whatever and I'm a butthead for making assumptions I can live with that.
Right- we don’t know if it’s a public or private school. We don’t know if Cheriehoop’s friend’s son is exaggerating. We don’t know if her friend is exaggerating. We don’t know what school in Maryland he’s coming from. We don’t know his title at this school. And we don’t know the full scope of his duties at the school in Louisiana.

Most public school salary stuff is readily available to find online.

Right- we don’t know if it’s a public or private school. We don’t know if Cheriehoop’s friend’s son is exaggerating. We don’t know if her friend is exaggerating. We don’t know what school in Maryland he’s coming from. We don’t know his title at this school. And we don’t know the full scope of his duties at the school in Louisiana.

But what we do know... this guy's a butthead.

But what we do know... this guy's a butthead.
That’s not what I said.

We do know that the head strength coach for Zachary schools in Louisiana (5a power- and comfortably middle class suburb) made $80k in 2022. The head football coach, who’s also the District’s athletic director, made just under $123k.

The info’s out there man.

No I can assure you that he’s not exaggerating. His parents were shocked. I just checked , he’s an employee of a large public school district, not just one high school in Louisiana

I don't understand what's happening in this thread right now.
Yes you do. I told you how much Caporale was making at Dr Krop.

Cheriehoop explained her friend’s son is doing surprisingly well as the head strength and conditioning coach for a large parish school system in Louisiana.

And you confirmed you live in Utah.

Yes you do. I told you how much Caporale was making at Dr Krop.

Cheriehoop explained her friend’s son is doing surprisingly well as the head strength and conditioning coach for a large parish school system in Louisiana.

And you confirmed you live in Utah.
My role in this thread is vastly overstated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom