Tony White to Nebraska | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

We dont win 4 games without his coaching. What he did with a bunch of 2nd and third string kids and a walkon NT was a miracle
4 games? Well, we were healthy for the Ville and won 31-7 so that wasn't one. We beat UConn 48-14 so that wasn't one. We beat Purdue 32-29 and had almost all of our guys. So that wasn't one. We snuck by Virginia 22-20 that wasn't one either. We beat Wagner 59-0 that wasn't one. We beat NC State we were hurt by then but so were they. They played with a QB that couldn't throw. His great work really came in games we lost. White is a great coach and a real blow. But, as always we over react. I wish he would have stayed but this is the business.

Hes a huge loss Dasher. The dominos are going to be ugly
Time will tell. Good coaches come and go. So do players. There is a whole world out there. You have been saying that Dino is a good CEO. Well, any CEO worth his salt prepares for events just like this. I would be surprised if he didn't already have a very short list.

dino could have structured his deal to kick back 500K if he wanted and not caused any change to the bottom line.

Wow this is awful. Just now seeing this going to read through the thread. This makes me real sad.

Thompson
Locket
Wax
Duce?
Locket is from spfd., Mass He is going to leave Syracuse to go to Nebraska to be with White? And anyone who leaves can be replaced by the guys our new D coordinator brings with him.

Any chance Linton caught word of this earlier? Long shot I'm sure but weirder things have happened.

He did a great job. But he isn't the only coach that could have done that. We will survive. And if regular players leave to go to Nebraska to be with a D coordinator, we have bigger problems than a guy leaving. Also, most of those 2ud and 3rd stringers played after the 6-0 start. And we lost those games.

Define survive? We’ve only been to 7 bowl games over the last 23 years.

He’s the architect for the best defense Syracuse has had in the modern era ….and (all our kids going pro are on the D side of the ball)

No idea what your last two sentences are trying to spin…The 2nd and 3rd stringers lost 3 games wah?

Thompson
Locket
Wax
Duce?
Two guys coming off knee injuries I doubt would be the people to leave. Wax and Chestnut I could see leaving yes. Wax more.

Which dominos?
800-2013-a-nourriture-fast-food-restaurant-pizzas-dominos-pizza.gif

Time will tell. Good coaches come and go. So do players. There is a whole world out there. You have been saying that Dino is a good CEO. Well, any CEO worth his salt prepares for events just like this. I would be surprised if he didn't already have a very short list.
I also said that Dinos number one job was to retain the key coaches. Named White as critical in numerous post and that he needed to retain key players. Hes not off to a good start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom