Too Early 2016-17 Lineup Thread | Syracusefan.com

Too Early 2016-17 Lineup Thread

B

Brooky03

Well, what are the predictions? Make any assumptions you want about who's staying or going and who's coming in.

I'm forever the optimist, so I'll say Richardson and Lydon come back with no other unexpected early departures (other than KJ or Chino). I'm also going to run with the idea that Thompson doesn't commit here.

My lineup with mpg:

Starters:

PG: Tyus Battle - 28 mpg
SG: Malachi Richardson - 32 mpg
SF: Tyler Lydon - 34 mpg
PF: Tyler Roberson - 30 mpg
C: Dajuan Coleman - 16 mpg

Bench:

6: Paschal Chukwu - 24 mpg
7: Frank Howard - 20 mpg
8: Matt Moyer - 16 mpg

Anybody think KJ makes a comeback or Chino sees any minutes?

When was the last time Boeheim benched a starter the next year he came back?

Coleman starts - if he's good, he plays. If not, Chukwu enters.

It has happened before, it will happen again. I think that people are vastly underestimating what Chukwu will bring to the system defensively. He's also further along offensively than most give him credit for. Redshirting has been a VERY good thing for PC's development.

It has happened before, it will happen again. I think that people are vastly underestimating what Chukwu will bring to the system defensively. He's also further along offensively than most give him credit for. Redshirting has been a VERY good thing for PC's development.

For the record, I think Chukwu is going to be awesome. I only see his minutes getting limited because I'm hoping Coleman comes back on a mission, but primarily because I don't know how well Chukwu will avoid foul trouble.

I'll play along that Mal/Lydon return, though I don't expect it...

Starters:

SG: Malachi Richardson - 35 mpg
SF: Tyler Lydon - 35 mpg
C: Dajuan Coleman - 19 mpg

Bench:

6: Paschal Chukwu - 21 mpg
8: Matt Moyer - 10 mpg

Both Mal and Lydon would play as much as possible.

For the record, I think Chukwu is going to be awesome. I only see his minutes getting limited because I'm hoping Coleman comes back on a mission, but primarily because I don't know how well Chukwu will avoid foul trouble.

I think that Coleman will improve quite a bit, too. Last off-season, he was just trying to get his health back to where he could actually get out there an play. That was his main focus. Now that he's accomplished that--and gotten a ton of game experience that he previously lacked--his focus THIS offseason can shift to improving his skill set.

It will be nice to have two capable [albeit very different] centers to roll out there next season. Haven't had depth in awhile, and next year's team will be the first team in a LONG time with depth at every position [I'm assuming that we're going to add a fifth year transfer, as several posters have suggested, to bolster depth in the backcourt].

If Ennis stayed 4 years, our staring lineup could have been:

Tyler Ennis
Tyus Battle
Tyler Lydon
Tyler Roberson
Tyjuan Coleman

Starters-
PG- Tyus Battle 6'5 Freshman
SG- Malachi Richardson- 6'6 Sophomore
SF- Tyler Lydon- 6'9 Sophomore
PF- Tyler Roberson- 6'8 Senior
C- Paschal Chukwu- 7'2 Redshirt Sophomore

8 Man Rotation-
G- Frank Howard- 6'5 Sophomore
Matthew Moyer- 6'7 Freshman
C- Dajuan Coleman- 6'9 Senior

Emergency Depth
G- Kaleb Joseph or a 5th year grad transfer
Taurean Thompson???
C- Chinoso Oboknoh

Starters-
PG- Tyus Battle 6'5 Freshman
SG- Malachi Richardson- 6'6 Sophomore
SF- Tyler Lydon- 6'9 Sophomore
PF- Tyler Roberson- 6'8 Senior
C- Paschal Chukwu- 7'2 Redshirt Sophomore

8 Man Rotation-
G- Frank Howard- 6'6 Sophomore
Matthew Moyer- 6'7 Freshman
C- Dajuan Coleman- 6'9 Senior

Emergency Depth
G- Kaleb Joseph or a 5th year grad transfer
Taurean Thompson???
C- Chinoso Oboknoh
If we get the kid from columbia, he will get some minutes.

When was the last time Boeheim benched a starter the next year he came back?

Coleman starts - if he's good, he plays. If not, Chukwu enters.
Tony Bland? Allen griffin? Throw in Bill Celuck. Started 13 games as a jr and hardly played as a sr.

Never too early...

Howard
Richardson (hope he comes back :))
Lydon
Roberson
Coleman (token start)

My guess is Kaleb transfers. I'm wrong on these things the usual amount.

Joseph?
DC has started the majority of his career games and has done nothing to be sent to the bench as a 5th year senior. Kaleb wasn't even the starter at the end of last year, if I'm remembering correctly...He was also coming off his freshman year, not going into his 5th year.

1. Dejuan Coleman
2. Tyler Lydon
3. Tyus Battle
4. Franklin Howard
5. Matthew Moyer
6. Pascal Chukwu

In limbo:
7. Malachi Richardson
8. Tyler Roberson
9. Kaleb Joseph
10. Chino Obokoh
11. TBA

If Richardson and Roberson return they start with Coleman/Lydon/Battle.

Howard is the first guard, Moyer is the first forward, Chukwu is the co-starter minutes wise with Coleman.

I doubt Chino plays. Chino has played 156 minutes these last 2 years and Chino lost the 2013-2014 season as well. He has 1 year left and I doubt he will ever play. If JB were ruthless he would push Chino out and get another freshman or a 5th year guy.

Kaleb Joseph just needs confidence. I don't know if JB will ever trust him but the kid could improve and be a player or he could leave this offseason. Nobody knows.

1. Dejuan Coleman

I doubt Chino plays. Chino has played 156 minutes these last 2 years and Chino lost the 2013-2014 season as well. He has 1 year left and I doubt he will ever play. If JB were ruthless he would push Chino out and get another freshman or a 5th year guy.

Kaleb Joseph just needs confidence. I don't know if JB will ever trust him but the kid could improve and be a player or he could leave this offseason. Nobody knows.

Chino won't be pushed out it doesn't make much sense. He's good for the APR score, he will be a senior eligibility wise 2016-2017 and he is a big reason Chukwu is here. There is going to be alot of scholarship players leaving (Roberson, Coleman, Chino, Lydon, Richardson, Joseph, Chukwu, Battle) over the next 400 days. The 2017 recruiting class is going to be counted on very early regardless who winds up coming.

Well, what are the predictions? Make any assumptions you want about who's staying or going and who's coming in.

I'm forever the optimist, so I'll say Richardson and Lydon come back with no other unexpected early departures (other than KJ or Chino). I'm also going to run with the idea that Thompson doesn't commit here.

My lineup with mpg:

Starters:

SG: Malachi Richardson - 32 mpg
SF: Tyler Lydon - 34 mpg
C: Dajuan Coleman - 16 mpg

Bench:

6: Paschal Chukwu - 24 mpg
8: Matt Moyer - 16 mpg

Anybody think KJ makes a comeback or Chino sees any minutes?

I see it this way as well and also optimistic re: Mal/Lydon. Battle is going to be a big upgrade in speed department from the lead guard position. No disrespect to Howard but he isn't in Battle's league, imo. Battle will be an instant offensive threat and is a willing passer.

I will be shocked if KJ is here. He was relegated to a cheerleader and a non-existent part of the team's improvement on the court. I personally feel he is more comfortable cheerleading than with a basketball in his hands. I think he's gone mentally and the coaches couldn't trust him on the floor at both ends for even minimal minutes. He may improve someday but it won't be here, imo.

Chino won't be pushed out it doesn't make much sense. He's good for the APR score, he will be a senior eligibility wise 2016-2017 and he is a big reason Chukwu is here. There is going to be alot of scholarship players leaving (Roberson, Coleman, Chino, Lydon, Richardson, Joseph, Chukwu, Battle) over the next 400 days. The 2017 recruiting class is going to be counted on very early regardless who winds up coming.
I hate this logic. If Chukwu is only here because of Chino he better be a superstar. As he is counting for 2 scholarships then. I am not expecting Chukwu to be a superstar either it is unfair to the kid but if Chino has to be here for him to be here that is 2 scholarships for 1 player.

If Chino wasn't here I think we could have gotten the kid anyway. Chino staying for APR is stupid as well. We only have 11 scholarships we can't waste one of 11 like its one of 13. This kid has been a glorified walkon on scholarship for 3 years. If he can't play next year he will go down as one of the least productive players in high D-1 history. 156 minutes in 2 years is so little it is amazing when you see it. I get he lost 1 year but by your Senior year you better be able to contribute in the rotation or you shouldn't be on the Syracuse basketball team.

2017 recruiting is going to be huge we will lose Roberson/Coleman/Chino and Lydon/Battle/Richardson are all possible.

I hate this logic. If Chukwu is only here because of Chino he better be a superstar. As he is counting for 2 scholarships then. I am not expecting Chukwu to be a superstar either it is unfair to the kid but if Chino has to be here for him to be here that is 2 scholarships for 1 player.

If Chino wasn't here I think we could have gotten the kid anyway. Chino staying for APR is stupid as well. We only have 11 scholarships we can't waste one of 11 like its one of 13. This kid has been a glorified walkon on scholarship for 3 years. If he can't play next year he will go down as one of the least productive players in high D-1 history. 156 minutes in 2 years is so little it is amazing when you see it. I get he lost 1 year but by your Senior year you better be able to contribute in the rotation or you shouldn't be on the Syracuse basketball team.

2017 recruiting is going to be huge we will lose Roberson/Coleman/Chino and Lydon/Battle/Richardson are all possible.
Dont be so sure PC will be here either. I just read on one recruiting site. They had some 7 2 kid from Russia goung in first round in 2016. His description read just like PC. Ie hes 7 2 , has some mobility, shot blocker...

Tony Bland? Allen griffin? Throw in Bill Celuck. Started 13 games as a jr and hardly played as a sr.

Tony Bland replaced Allen Griffin because it made more sense to have a shooting guard on the floor instead of two point guards. And AG did start the following year as a senior.

Celuck was terrible.

Dajuan has improved as the season has gone along. And he only plays one position. He'll start.

It's crazy that by the 2017-2018 season, we could be down to Howard/Moyer/Chukwu from next year's team...