Too early for a nickname??? | Syracusefan.com

Too early for a nickname???

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
I've referred to Gbinije in the past as G, and others have called him "Silent G." However, not only is the pronunciation of his name hidden among the consonants, but no one seems to have a clear picture of his game or abilities coming into the fall season. Why don't we just call him "Stealth" and be done with it?-VBOF

I've referred to Gbinije in the past as G, and others have called him "Silent G." However, not only is the pronunciation of his name hidden among the consonants, but no one seems to have a clear picture of his game or abilities coming into the fall season. Why don't we just call him "Stealth" and be done with it?-VBOF
That's just the beauty of Silent G. The G is silent!

I like Silent G and he seems to be down with it. Why change?

Also, he's been on the scene for awhile. If you don't know his abilities by now, that's on you.

Maybe its time for him to put the silent down. Hes had a quiet two years and a offseason.

We haven't seen a video of him since last years midnight madness.

silentbutdeadly.jpg

This article is a treasure trove.
And it supplies another good nickname besides Silent G:

"He’s a devout video gamer. A T-shirt that reads “Call of Duty Black Ops” hangs in his Syracuse locker. His Xbox gamer tag is BenniBoy0."

BenniBoyo!
Which, of course, can be shortened to "BB."

But the best thing in the article is this:
"He said he toyed with the idea of buying a pet monkey this spring, until he learned that New York State prohibits personal ownership of exotic animals."

I just don't think a nickname can be forced. It should either happen organically or because the person has specifically asked or accepted to be called by something different than his given name. Maybe it's just me.
Agree. Not only that, he probably has one his close buddies already call him that we might not be aware of.
I'm guessing it's Silent G though, ahahahahaha

Looking for a nickname, hmm? Perhaps I may be of some assistance ...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I just don't think a nickname can be forced. It should either happen organically or because the person has specifically asked or accepted to be called by something different than his given name. Maybe it's just me.
I was mainly replying to the second sentence of your first post: "Also, he's been on the scene for awhile. If you don't know his abilities by now, that's on you."

Got to agree with this. I have a feeling that by the time this thread runs its course, I'll have several others joining the Thickburger crew in my ignored cell block.

silent assassin

g money

air g

g wizz

the wizard of g

geesus

thick g

g dawg

simply g

aint nothin but a g thang

g thang

g thing