Top 50 Defenses In College Football | Syracusefan.com

Top 50 Defenses In College Football

‘You are the company you keep”

-My Mom

It’s nice they have us at #5 but that site continues to be a clown show and is nothing but opinions which are usually way off base.

Anything Boomer says needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, our remaining schedule is ND (#35), FSU (#28), Pitt (#31).

Then we get a break with the last 2 games against unrated Wake and BC.

Someone named Courtney Reese ran for 142 yards on 11 carries against ND Saturday for UNLV. It was the first 100 yard game of his career. He has been playing for 4 seasons. I believe his career high was 37 yards before he had a chance to play against the Irish. You can bet the SU offensive coaches noticed that.

Anything Boomer says needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, our remaining schedule is ND (#35), FSU (#28), Pitt (#31).

Then we get a break with the last 2 games against unrated Wake and BC.

Someone named Courtney Reese ran for 142 yards on 11 carries against ND Saturday for UNLV. It was the first 100 yard game of his career. He has been playing for 4 seasons. I believe his career high was 37 yards before he had a chance to play against the Irish. You can bet the SU offensive coaches noticed that.
So Sean will get more than 5 carries? ;)

He’s turning into one of our weakest alumni
He’s solid.

The ‘weak schedule’ comment was just kind of lazy. It feels like a comment that people are repeating without actually assessing SU’s schedule.

And - this is petty - at one point during the game he mentioned the 2018 game when Clemson came back from a nine point deficit to win and then later in the game, he said it was a ten point deficit.

That's interesting. I honestly though Sean was letting his orange shine through on Saturday with his excitement levels at various times. Even with the Tucker comment about his number of carries, I could sense total disgust in his tone.

That's interesting. I honestly though Sean was letting his orange shine through on Saturday with his excitement levels at various times. Even with the Tucker comment about his number of carries, I could sense total disgust in his tone.
His problem is that he lets the negative get out too.

It was the strength of schedule comment from Sean that irritated me.
I think the College GameDay guys on Saturday got it started for me.
Hearing Sean say something similar during the game was the cherry on top of that sundae.
The more I think about it, the less it bothers me

According to Sean McDonough, SU has one of the weakest schedules in the nation.
That must be why SU's defense is at #5.
That wasn't really according to him. He cited that our SOS up to that point was ranked #117. He didn't make up the number.

That's true. We wouldn't want an announcer who is paid to be professional and impartial to talk about the positive and negative.
Yeah, sure.

I was referring to the same phenomenon that happens when you are watching with a friend or in a game thread here. Obviously, the announcer will describe what’s happening. A fan describes the highs and lows with more investment that belies his or her fandom.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify what I meant.

That wasn't really according to him. He cited that our SOS up to that point was ranked #117. He didn't make up the number.
Here's another ranking that shows that SU's SOS right before the Clemson game is #50:

This guy has Syracuse, pre-Clemson at #78:

Everybody has their own, arbitrary rankings so I don't see the need to adopt that narrative.

The real issue is that, Syracuse was supposed to lose about half the games this season but they won. So the talking point isn't that SU is playing well; most of the network sports geniuses are pushing the theory that the competition must be bad. How else could SU win?
It's a hive mentality.

I didn't intend this to turn into a multi-post issue but here we are. I'm actually over Sean's comment and, as I stated above, Sean is solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom