Top three teams you would like to see win this tourney | Syracusefan.com

Top three teams you would like to see win this tourney

Eric15

Living Legend
I'm not saying you're "rooting" for them, but just the top three teams where if they won you'd say "OK I can live with that." Mine...

1. Wisconsin
2. West Virginia
3. Either Purdue or Oregon. I'll say Purdue because they have a loyal fanbase but never get over the hump.

West Virginia. I like Huggins, seems like a great guy who loves his players and works hard. Would like to see him get a title.

I despised Huggins when he was at Cincy, he just seemed like a meathead. But I agree that now he seems very likable and a title would properly validate his career.

1. Gonzaga - The hate they get for being in a weak conference annoys me; they have a great team.
2. South Carolina - I like a good underdog and I think they have an actual chance at the Final Four at this point. Plus seeing Martin go ballistic in a championship game would be entertaining.
3. Purdue - They were my pick to be an under-the-radar title contender in this tournament.

What I don't want is a team to win that is on the same level as us. So I guess any teams besides Arizona, Florida and Michigan.

West Virginia, Oregon, or Gonzaga are my choices.

What I don't want is a team to win that is on the same level as us. So I guess any teams besides Arizona, Florida and Michigan.

My first pick would be Gonzaga, but as long as it's not UNC, UCLA, Kentucky or Kansas, I'm okay. I could probably live with Kansas.

1. Gonzaga - The hate they get for being in a weak conference annoys me; they have a great team.
2. South Carolina - I like a good underdog and I think they have an actual chance at the Final Four at this point. Plus seeing Martin go ballistic in a championship game would be entertaining.
3. Purdue - They were my pick to be an under-the-radar title contender in this tournament.
Yeah, I could live with South Carolina too. Surprised they had never reached the round of 16 before this year considering all the good teams Frank Mcguire had there.

Edit: He actually did get SC to several Sweet 16s. The broadcasters I heard must have been talking about the modern era.

Last edited:

I am cheering for Purdue as well. Picked them to beat Kansas. Love Swanigan's story and Painter's coaching.

Arizona, Michigan, Florida, Wisconsin. All sound, solid, great programs who know what they're doing. Cheering for them also.

Yeah, I could live with South Carolina too. Surprised they had never reached the round of 16 before this year considering all the good teams Frank Mcguire had there.

Edit: He actually did get SC to several Sweet 16s. The broadcasters I heard must have been talking about the modern era.

I was looking for John Roche, but think I saw Bobby Cremins on the bench in one of the clips. :)

Wisconsin, South Carolina and Gonzaga. Although Huggy is likable, I don't like the pressing style, so least favorite is West Virginia.

We should all be rooting for the blue bloods. Let the big dogs eat...they will no matter what.No need to have another guest at the dinner table.

We should all be rooting for the blue bloods. Let the big dogs eat...they will no matter what.No need to have another guest at the dinner table.

That's the logical thing, but rooting for UNC or KU is boring.

Florida. I can't root for Gonzaga, though they have no chance anyway. I'm fine with Kansas. Purdue is gonna get rolled. They would be up on my list of teams that I don't want to win. Basically, no B1G, or Gonzaga. Florida or Oregon would be ideal. I don't want to see Arizona, UCLA, UK win. Xavier would be great, if it were possible.

So...Florida, Oregon, Xavier.

Kentucky
Kansas
North Carolina

I don't think these programs get enough ink and it's finally time for them to have a chance. ;)

Actually, winner of Huggy and Zaga.

I can tell you who I don't want to see win - UNC (regardless of if it's good for the ACC), Kentucky and UCLA (not an Alford fan). I can live with anyone else.

I have one million reasons to root for Michigan:
If not Michigan go UCLA or Arizona.

Go Blue!

I enjoy telling all my Pac 12 buddies that it's been 20 years since they won a title. Sooooooo, anyone other than UCLA, Oregon or Arizona.

I'm not saying you're "rooting" for them, but just the top three teams where if they won you'd say "OK I can live with that." Mine...

1. Wisconsin
2. West Virginia
3. Either Purdue or Oregon. I'll say Purdue because they have a loyal fanbase but never get over the hump.

1. UNC
2. Gonzaga
3. Xavier

Don't root for any team from B1G/PAC12. They are our enemies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom