Tortora: Wildhack headed to Chicago to discuss candidate options | Syracusefan.com

Tortora: Wildhack headed to Chicago to discuss candidate options

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
IMG_9003.jpeg

Mike Ditka confirmed to be the next SU football coach I guess.

They hired a firm to assist with coach search. They located in Chicago?

Could be central location for brass and donors. Chicago easy place to fly in to. Common to meet at airports. You save time getting in/out.
And it says to discuss candidates. Doesn’t mean they are interviewing candidates. Presumably, that’s already happened. Or perhaps they zoom with them today.

They haven’t heard of Zoom?
I mean some things are better done in person.

one could argue hiring a guy for 5+ million dollars per year (no matter the candidate) would be one of those things, if indeed it is a meeting of as many high level donors/boosters/decision makers as possible.

side note: somebody check on the Wheels Up plane and see when it leaves/lands and when it’s coming back

I mean some things are better done in person.

one could argue hiring a guy for 5+ million dollars per year (no matter the candidate) would be one of those things, if indeed it is a meeting of as many high level donors/boosters/decision makers as possible.

side note: somebody check on the Wheels Up plane and see when it leaves/lands and when it’s coming back
Understood but these people can't make it back to Syracuse for this important decision?

I would assume this is to get the AD, Board and the money all on the same page and make a formal offer
This makes sense, or potentially rather identify the “best and final” offer, or possibly, we made our best offer, BUT we got countered at some small percentage over our best offer that is potentially reachable… can we reach it?

I would assume this is to get the AD, Board and the money all on the same page and make a formal offer

This is the only thing that makes sense to me... final meeting to agree to terms and ratify an agreement.