Totally hapless observations about Orange Madness | Syracusefan.com

Totally hapless observations about Orange Madness

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
The first observation that I can say without reservation is that it was very nice to meet Syracusian! He is a young man who works very hard and is going places. And he LOVES his Orange! We had a great time filling in our stories for each other.

It felt to me like 2/3 of the people there were "townies," some of whom may not have cared that much about basketball but just came for the event. It didn't seem the students had a strong presence. Since Quade Green was there, I wonder how that felt for him? Seth Green did a great job as MC but we could barely hear him, or his interviewees. Once again, the sound system was terrible! They had a constant low level boom boom on the sound system that interfered with hearing anyone with a microphone. Joe said he, too, had trouble hearing so it wasn't just me.

They introduced the women and some of the men two at a time. Many of the women came out dancing and swaggering, which was fun. The men? Meh, except for the player with the crazy name that I am not going to look up. He danced and he was good. The rapper seemed reasonable and had good energy, repeatedly calling out that he bleeds Orange. But because of the sound system, we couldn't hear anything he said and if you're rapping, that's a huge negative.

The women looked very good, folks! They made so many threes and had a very fluid look about them. I am definitely catching some of their games. The men looked herky jerky for the first 5 minutes, then warmed up. My useless observations built upon vague memory (last night was so long ago!): Battle looked really good. Robey was tuned it; really hustled. The announcer called him Robey. Wonder if that is going to stick? I really liked Gillon as well; he had some confidence handling the ball. Lydon: heyyyyyyyyy, smooth as silk. and definitely bulked up. He now is sporting a light beard. Joe and I tried to come up with some names for it, but couldn't. We will leave that to our able board members. Chukwu had a crowd-pleasing swat, and he finished one alley oop (I think just one). He is really tall, with stork legs. I worry those legs might be vulnerable to injury. DC hit mid-range jumpers and looked so flexible and strong. It was a pleasure to see him. Howard has improved leaps and bounds. White can shoot it for TRUE. He also finished a nice fast break.

So, that's it! It was a pleasing way to spend an evening, especially with a new friend. Then I went home and watched "Hamilton's America" on PBS and all was right with my world.

Seth Green in da house

tumblr_mymoljMQ8h1r5lshvo1_400_zpsi902hatl.gif

Robey is what the team calls him. Have heard and read it for a few years now.

Good report.

How was the turnout and general feel of the event? It looked very unimpressive on TV, but some of the photos of the night look a lot better.

Be sure to go to some women's games. I went to about 5 last year - great experience.

My wife got me season tickets this year for my Birthday, 2nd row courtside. Can't wait to see all their games. I don't know how much run Freshman Gabrielle Cooper will get but she looked good from 3-pt range.

Robey is what the team calls him. Have heard and read it for a few years now.

Good report.

How was the turnout and general feel of the event? It looked very unimpressive on TV, but some of the photos of the night look a lot better.
I thought it was a medium turn out. As I said before, I was disappointed in lack of presence of students. If they were there, they were not in a block. The sound system was quite poor, and contributed to a certain lackluster feel. Would have been so much better if we could have heard. Don't understand why there are such sound problems when the event was so small.

It was also better than other OM events I have been to. I am damning it with faint praise! Still, I went to see the players and I did like what I saw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom