Traveling to NW | Syracusefan.com

Traveling to NW

Orangetradition44

2nd String
anyone make the trip last time? Should we tailgate or hit a bar in Chicago and then take the train to Evanston?

Not much tailgating there. Surprisingly little pregame atmosphere. Of course, it was Labor Day weekend and students weren't in school yet. Probably wont be for a few weeks. I suggest a bar for pregame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

I tailgated there and had a fine time. Some guy had an RV that likes PBR. It is really a jewel of a campus, don't rob yourself of that experience.

Evanston has a couple nice sports bars, or you can even cab up from Chicago to save time if you want to hang out on the city. Tailgating at NW is super lame.

I'll be tailgating at Wrigley. Both the bars and the Cubs game for as long as we can watch before heading north to our game.

Evanston has a couple nice sports bars, or you can even cab up from Chicago to save time if you want to hang out on the city. Tailgating at NW is super lame.

I'll be tailgating at Wrigley. Both the bars and the Cubs game for as long as we can watch before heading north to our game.

Go to Renaldi's if you get the chance. Not really a sports bar but good food and is about 8 blocks from Wrigley.

I'll be there with my dad, GP--short trip from Minneapolis. Hopefully we can link up.

NW tailgating is not bad at all but the problem is lack of parking spots. There are a few good bars on Central Street, walking distance to Ryan Field, that are usually packed before game time. NW students do not start school for another two weeks so crowd will probably be in the mid to high 20K range.
If anyone is interested, the Syracuse Alumni Club of Chicago is having a tailgate at the Evanston Golf Course before game for $20 with a cash bar

How far from the field?

NW tailgating is not bad at all but the problem is lack of parking spots. There are a few good bars on Central Street, walking distance to Ryan Field, that are usually packed before game time. NW students do not start school for another two weeks so crowd will probably be in the mid to high 20K range.
If anyone is interested, the Syracuse Alumni Club of Chicago is having a tailgate at the Evanston Golf Course before game for $20 with a cash bar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom