True Detective/Plagiarism charges | Syracusefan.com

True Detective/Plagiarism charges

Guinness

Living Legend
It seems that the writers of True Detectives plagiarized most of the dialogue attributed to Rust.

Very disappointing if true.

LINK

It seems that the writers of True Detectives plagiarized most of the dialogue attributed to Rust.

LINK

Wow. Seems very obvious after reading the side by side quotes and his avoiding even discussing Ligotti. Yikes.

LINK

I was under the impression it was supposed to be obvious. The commentary on Grantland referred to Ligotti several times when discussing True Detective.

Other than the "time is a flat circle" line and his commentary on suicide, little of what Cohle said was all that memorable. Marty Hart's retorts were the better lines. The best line went to the former teen prostitute turned cell phone salesperson!:D

To me, the most truly memorable moment was the 6 minute long take at the end of the fourth episode.

I was under the impression it was supposed to be obvious. The commentary on Grantland referred to Ligotti several times when discussing True Detective.

Other than the "time is a flat circle" line and his commentary on suicide, little of what Cohle said was all that memorable. Marty Hart's retorts were the better lines. The best line went to the former teen prostitute turned cell phone salesperson!:D

To me, the most truly memorable moment was the 6 minute long take at the end of the fourth episode.

I found the opposite to be true. The Cohle character made the show for me. They could have gotten rid of the other guy entirely.

I found the opposite to be true. The Cohle character made the show for me. They could have gotten rid of the other guy entirely.

I dont disagree that Cohle was the more compelling character. I just liked how Cohle had all these hyper-profound takes on everything and how Marty would just basically respond by telling him he was full of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom