True freshmen who played | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

True freshmen who played

I'm not sure but it seemed to me they were the injured and some walkons who may also have been injured. They wore their jerseys and orange shorts. I'm not sure I noticed any freshman who weren't hurt on the sidelines. Is it common if the plan is to redshirt a kid that they don't dress?
Transfers can't dress. In the past, guys who were redshirting would still be on the sideline (Kinder comes to mind for some reason). But Babers could have his own policy.

Found it interesting that all the players that didn't dress stayed on the field during halftime. Most of them sat on the bench and just waited for the team to come back out.

OrangeXtreme said:
I think it's Dino's plan. Every other previous coach used to dress everyone. I know Culpepper was in a jersey and shorts.

On the telecast they mentioned that Babers' policy is to not have injured, redshirt, or players not in the game plan dress. Said it was to keep the sideline more organized.

Seeing rbs yesterday, I can see why Butler was getting looks at running back. Need a lot more speed there, if wr has better depth, play Deon like a tall Latavius Murray style running back...