True Frosh Participation Report | Syracusefan.com

True Frosh Participation Report

Surprised Perry wasn’t part of the group, was excited to see him.
Wonder if they are saving him for the “real” games since he is in a position where depth is vital. When/if he is needed, he will be much further along, and will be a contributor not just a break glass and plug in type player. Experience is great, but experience when you are ready and know the scheme cold is even better.

Was Perry in on special teams or was I hallucinating?

Daniels looked to me like he’s going to be the #2 back before long. Thought his pass blocking was good.

I think he clearly leapfrogged Price with Saturday's performance.

Was hoping for more out of Price. I understood why he didn't get much run last year, since we were so Tucker-focused.

But was hoping he'd be able to provide something more than he showed. I don't think he's "bad," I'm just underwhelmed. Looks more like a #3 guy to me.

Will be interesting to see whether Branham / Hawkins get more opportunities as they get acclimated. Would feel better if one of them was a viable option, given their physical maturity relative to Allen / Daniels. Not easy to run behind this line for an entire year with too slight RBs.

Was hoping for more out of Price. I understood why he didn't get much run last year, since we were so Tucker-focused.

But was hoping he'd be able to provide something more than he showed. I don't think he's "bad," I'm just underwhelmed. Looks more like a #3 guy to me.

Will be interesting to see whether Branham / Hawkins get more opportunities as they get acclimated. Would feel better if one of them was a viable option, given their physical maturity relative to Allen / Daniels. Not easy to run behind this line for an entire year with too slight RBs.

Price looked good coming out of New Mexico. Thought for sure he’d be a starter at some point. He just didn’t look explosive to me and I thought went down a little easy.

Branham is another guy who I thought looked good on tape. But he’s only been here a month. We’ll see.

Babers was interviewed during the game about leaving ones and twos in so late against Colgate and he said there are still guys battling for jobs as ones and twos. So that depth chart is still very fluid and Colgate was live scrimmage to settle it out. But I was surprised he said there are 1 spots still unsettled.

I think some kids made moves and a player like Daniels I think just leapfrogged into the 2 hole.

I like Ike, but I think some here are discarding Price way too fast on a very small sample. Watch his tape as a D-1 starter before he transferred here.

Not when you fumble.

Price looked good coming out of New Mexico. Thought for sure he’d be a starter at some point. He just didn’t look explosive to me and I thought went down a little easy.

Branham is another guy who I thought looked good on tape. But he’s only been here a month. We’ll see.

Babers was interviewed during the game about leaving ones and twos in so late against Colgate and he said there are still guys battling for jobs as ones and twos. So that depth chart is still very fluid and Colgate was live scrimmage to settle it out. But I was surprised he said there are 1 spots still unsettled.

I think some kids made moves and a player like Daniels I think just leapfrogged into the 2 hole.

With the 1 spots, if true, he may be talking about OL and DB.

With the 1 spots, if true, he may be talking about OL and DB.
Definitely OL. DB specifically mentioned Wohlabaugh - was surprised by how well he played relative to what they've seen in practice. On the flip side, Reed was the lowest graded OL.

Perry playing on crunch team is interesting because do we assume he's giving up the redshirt and is gradually being feathered in at D?

Perry playing on crunch team is interesting because do we assume he's giving up the redshirt and is gradually being feathered in at D?
He only has played in one game. If he reaches four then we can come back to this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom