boytrk2.jpg

He will visit soon
Xaverian football star Smith wins two track events at NYC Mayor's Cup

Laray Smith another report

-844bbe76206bfef4.jpg

SU has offered this wide reciever, Brian Lemelle

Another Lemelle video

One more Lemelle video

Hard to handle: Slippery McDevitt wideout Brian Lemelle too much ...

LB/FB Nick Sorrenti to make visit

Smith, a junior and an Advance All Star in football and track, led off his school's fourth-place 4x400 relay with a blazing and uncontested 48.8 split.
March 31

Catching Up with Tracy Sprinkle

21156301.jpg

John Stepec has recently picked up an SU offer

Stepec's profile

Stepec's Scouting Ohio Page

Tyler Haddock (SU had some interest)

6-7 Tyler Roberson and 5-11 Hakim Saintill also have SU offers(scroll down)
QB Connor Mitch names a favorite

Former Players

Using a complex mode, PredictionMachine.com has released their 2012 NFL Quarterback Pass Projections. The model was applied to last year's draft and, according to the site, "these projections have highlighted the likely success of Andy Dalton (#1 overall last year), A.J. Green, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt, and DeMarco Murray … while suggesting that Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Delone Carter and Jonathan Baldwin … were overrated."
CBS

Southern Cal's Rhett Ellison, Oklahoma's James Hanna, Michigan's Kevin Koger, Syracuse's Nick Provo, LSU's Deangelo Peterson, North Carolina State's George Bryan and Michigan State's Brian Linthicum all have a shot to be drafted or will nestle in at the top of the free-agent list.
TSC

OOC Opponent

USC, ESPN Radio have national broadcast deal

Letters

Moving Syracuse University games a slap in the face to loyal fans

Around The Big East

South Florida DT Grissom has broken ankle

Around The Nation

Penn State prez subpoenaed in Sandusky trial

Paper that broke Penn St. scandal wins Pulitzer

Bama's crystal trophy shattered in accident

Postseason change inevitable, but Godfather of BCS advises caution

Blog: Is Mariucci Interested? Daly Pushes For Gruden

Blog

Syracuse Orange Football Going the Right Direction Under Doctor Gross

Sorrenti from Maine-Endwell is the real deal and could play either FB or LB at the highest levels. Word around M-E is that he is salivating for a Penn State offer. Penn State owns Broome County, it seems to me. Watching him in the Dome last year, I really was hoping he'd be an SU recruit. Uceta is fast and shifty, but thin. Not sure how much weight he'll be able to put on. But if he's on Penn State's radar, I really hope he's on ours too. Sorrenti would be a great get at LB.

Sorrenti from Maine-Endwell is the real deal and could play either FB or LB at the highest levels. Word around M-E is that he is salivating for a Penn State offer. Penn State owns Broome County, it seems to me. Watching him in the Dome last year, I really was hoping he'd be an SU recruit. Uceta is fast and shifty, but thin. Not sure how much weight he'll be able to put on. But if he's on Penn State's radar, I really hope he's on ours too. Sorrenti would be a great get at LB.
I am a big Sorrenti fan. He is one of the best prospects in the state. If he goes to Penn State, I will move to kick Broome County out of New York State. You guys have to hold firm here, or become Quakers.

That link on Connor Mitch, one of the top rising senior HS QBs in the country, is of special interest to Syracuse fans because his dad is Bob Mitch, who played QB at Syracuse in the mid 1970s. Getting him would be big. Too bad Bob didn't play with Doug at Syracuse.

Linkage

I am a big Sorrenti fan. He is one of the best prospects in the state. If he goes tp Penn State, I will move to kick Broome County out of New York State. You guys have to hold firm here, or become Quakers.
Linkage

Many would welcome just that. Give us a chance to get in on the drilling boom in Pennsyltucky, and the overwhelming football alliance in these parts, is, sadly, Pinhead State. Problem is Sorrenti has grown up seeing listless football in a half-empty Dome north of Binghamton, and a packed, loud, wild stadium south of us, so he's probably under the delusion he'd have more fun in State College.

Back in the 80s, U-E sent kids off to Iowa, SU, etc. When Rob Crounse selected Notre Dame, one of my relatives told him in the process he'd be better off going to SU or BC or some place closer to home, and seeing a lot of playing time a lot earlier, than going to ND and maybe getting recruited over in the same class.

Sorrenti could have a very early impact at SU, probably beginning with significant playing time as a RF. He's got a nose for the ball and old school approach to the game.