TV announcer's | Syracusefan.com

TV announcer's

SBU72

All Conference
How can BOTH announcers not know that G had career high on his last game in the dome? What about the rest of the network team? I thought it was but wasn't sure until I read it in the paper. Don't they prepare on the "best" player on the team? A senior?

How can BOTH announcers not know that G had career high on his last game in the dome? What about the rest of the network team? I thought it was but wasn't sure until I read it in the paper. Don't they prepare on the "best" player on the team? A senior?

How about when as they break for commercial they say G is having a great game but they show a Malachi highlight. ACC Network is the worst. I thought ESPN was bad. The crappy commentary was just amazing.

Tim Brando is amazingly awful and annoying, even when gushing about the Dome, the school and the basketball program. And he's the best play-by-play guy they have.

Not a fan of Gminski or his earring, just doesn't go. Probably a good guy though.

The graphic on the screen noted his career high but I don't recall them verbalizing it.

The graphic on the screen noted his career high but I don't recall them verbalizing it.

yes. i recall this as well. I dont understand the big deal that they didnt verbalize it. They gushed about G all game.

In prepping for a game, every player's career high is not be something announcers may note...perhaps not even for the leading scorers.
That's why a network has a stat guy or research producer.
If a player is pouring it on it's the stat guy's job to check on something like career high.
The control room then relays the info to the broadcasters.
Obviously, someone checked because they got the graphic on the screen.
The announcers didn't pick it up...and apparently no one told them.

I saw that graphic as well. However, I was upset the announcers didn't mention it :bat:

Given how much the ACC loves to pat itself on the back and talk about its rich and unparalleled basketball history, you'd think they would actually put some effort into promoting their product with excellent announcing teams. The production quality on all things ACC is amateur hour. Shows how arrogant the league is that they really don't give a crap if the broadcasts are good, they just expect you to watch them because: ACC!

The ACC network doesn't like the teams North of the Mason-Dixon line. You could feel them rooting for NC State. Almost all the borderline calls, they sided with State. How about that one Goal Tending non-call against G. They kept saying that it was clearly a block...I don't think they even bothered to look at the replay, because that was no FN Block.

Tim Brando is amazingly awful and annoying, even when gushing about the Dome, the school and the basketball program. And he's the best play-by-play guy they have.
Must be a great feeling, knowing how you could do everyone else's job better than they do with almost no preparation. I mean, Tim Brando's 35+ years of broadcasting experience has obviously been a total waste. How have ESPN, CBS and Fox not offered contracts to everyone in this thread? Shame on them for not identifying such broadcasting talents.

In prepping for a game, every player's career high is not be something announcers may note...perhaps not even for the leading scorers.
That's why a network has a stat guy or research producer.
If a player is pouring it on it's the stat guy's job to check on something like career high.
The control room then relays the info to the broadcasters.
Obviously, someone checked because they got the graphic on the screen.
The announcers didn't pick it up...and apparently no one told them.
I don't think either the on-air talent nor the stat/producer people picked up that G also hit the 1000 point milestone late in the game. Very weak.

Must be a great feeling, knowing how you could do everyone else's job better than they do with almost no preparation. I mean, Tim Brando's 35+ years of broadcasting experience has obviously been a total waste. How have ESPN, CBS and Fox not offered contracts to everyone in this thread? Shame on them for not identifying such broadcasting talents.
I never said I could do better; that would be silly given I'm not in the profession. I simply don't enjoy Brando's work and prefer others.

I like Tim a lot. Cheriehoop and I had a nice chat with him after the game, and he most certainly knew it was a career game for G. It was Tim's birthday on Saturday, so give him a break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom