Tweet from Ross Tucker implying Marrone coming back | Syracusefan.com

Tweet from Ross Tucker implying Marrone coming back

OrangeFoo

All American
Tucker used to play for the Bills do sometimes has good info

His tweet from 15 minutes ago:
"College coaches should give NFL teams commissions to feign interest so they get big raise. Marrone getting his soon"

lol, sounds like he believes Marrone is only using this opportunity to get a large raise.

((Conspiracy Alert)) Russ Brandon who now runs the Bills is an East Syracuse native and serves on the Sports Management Advisory Board at SU. Maybe, just maybe Russ Brandon and Doug Marrone agree to interview as a means to put pressure on the University to come through on promises made. Dun dun dun.....

If marrone uses that extramoney to pay more to keep schafer and hacket im all for it.

Ross Tucker should just stop twittering ... the fact that Marrone has been interviewed by not only the Bills but the Browns and possibly the Eagles tells me there is genuine interest from the NFL ... that is just a jackass tweet. I'm sure Marrone is running around begging for interviews to raise his profile and make some money. If the big boys don't want to feel used don't offer up interviews .. pretty simple.

im sure there is genuine interest but not likely as choice 1 or 2 at any job

I listen to Ross Tucker on SIRIUS NFL Radio soemtimes...he is clueless on a lot of things.

Not saying he is wrong here, just saying he isn't a reliable source by any means. Take it with a grain of salt

"College coaches should give NFL teams commissions to feign interest so they get big raise. Marrone getting his soon"

Tucker is the brother in law of one of my good friends (ironically a Syracuse native but not a grad) - I'll ask him to contact Tucker to see what he is hearing.

Good news if true.

The fact that DM is still interviewing is a good sign he is coming back. Regardless, we need to pay him (and his coaches) competitive wages, improve facilities so they are not liabilities, and other structural changes in the administration regarding leadership, attitudes and support.

You gotta show higher level commits that the school & coaches are committed to their success and if good enough onward to the NFL.

Good news if true.

The fact that DM is still interviewing is a good sign he is coming back. Regardless, we need to pay him (and his coaches) competitive wages, improve facilities so they are not liabilities, and other structural changes in the administration regarding leadership, attitudes and support.

You gotta show higher level commits that the school & coaches are committed to their success and if good enough onward to the NFL.

in other words it's 2013, and the world of college athletics is a totally different animal. some of the past thinking may need some re-thinking if you plan on playing big boy college football. especially a private university trying to play with the big boys. your either all in, or don't bother...unless your just in it for the pay check, and if that's the case then your just wasting our time and $

Interesting considering it has been shared here (by someone that would know) that Marrone had agreed to a $$$$ amount for his new contract prior to any of this. I really don't think his bank account is driving any of this.