Class of 2015 - Two down, one to go on Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Two down, one to go on Saturday

RF2044

Living Legend
Very nice week on the recruiting trail! Can wait to see Moe Neal join the class.

Assuming he commits, with the few number of scholarships we have left, how do you see the rest of the class breaking down in terms of players / positions?

Thoughts?

DB, TE, DT, and maybe a WR if we can land Stewart are the last priority positions, I think.

Burrell/Clarke at DB
Rose at TE

No idea at DT, so that may just not happen

Very nice week on the recruiting trail! Can wait to see Moe Neal join the class.

Assuming he commits, with the few number of scholarships we have left, how do you see the rest of the class breaking down in terms of players / positions?

Thoughts?
I just checked out the commit list on another site, and grinned a wicked grin. It's still early, but this class as currently "ranked" is not going to be anything "special" according to those schlubs. Can't wait for the doomsayers to start pissing all over it. :blah:

With only two spots left who the heck knows.

Safety I still believe is a major priority so I’m penciling in Burrell as a top priority

We said we’re done with WR’s but I doubt we’d pass up Stewart and are working on setting up an official visit for him.

I wouldn’t mind adding any of the following, another OL (Behrndt), DT, Athlete, MLB.

DB, TE, DT, and maybe a WR if we can land Stewart are the last priority positions, I think.

Burrell/Clarke at DB
Rose at TE

No idea at DT, so that may just not happen

I think they essentially HAVE to take a DT in this class to bolster depth. I'm guessing that it will be one of those late finds -- probably a name we haven't heard yet, but a prospect who fits the system.

With only spots left who the heck knows.

Safety I still believe is a major priority so I’m penciling in Burrell as a top priority

We said we’re done with WR’s but I doubt we’d pass up Stewart and are working on setting up an official visit for him.

I wouldn’t mind adding any of the following, another OL (Behrndt), DT, Athlete, MLB.

I think they're probably done with LBs. I'm operating under the assumption that they have Riggins targeted for MLB.

Agree with most of the rest--absolutely have to land at least one more safety.

Does anybody know whether Scoop projects as S or CB?

I think they essentially HAVE to take a DT in this class to bolster depth. I'm guessing that it will be one of those late finds -- probably a name we haven't heard yet, but a prospect who fits the system.

I also think they'll continue working on Bo Peek until the end.

I think they're probably done with LBs. I'm operating under the assumption that they have Riggins targeted for MLB.

Agree with most of the rest--absolutely have to land at least one more safety.

Does anybody know whether Scoop projects as S or CB?
I think Scoop is viewed as versatile enough that he could play either, so they won't project him until they see him on campus.

With Brould departed, and lord knows what will happen between now and February, but we could see one or two additional slots open up. I still think there are 4-5 spots in play. Ideally a DB, OL, DT, WR, and MLB

Burrell and Stewart are at the top of my wish list (after Neal, obviously). For what it's worth, Bo Peek and Elsa Shafer talk back and forth on Twitter constantly these days, so who knows...maybe between the relationships he's forged with Syracuse people coupled with his friendships with Scoop and Rex, he might flip?

Stewart has to be a top priority. He is the last high end WR who is uncommitted that SU has a legit shot of landing barring an unforeseen development. Landing him would be a huge get, hope we go all out for him. I would expect us to bring in a DT as well but probably a less heralded guy who may have mostly non P5 offers at this point. Best example would be the two DT's we took late a couple of years ago, one of them has worked out pretty well.

Burrell and Stewart are at the top of my wish list (after Neal, obviously). For what it's worth, Bo Peek and Elsa Shafer talk back and forth on Twitter constantly these days, so who knows...maybe between the relationships he's forged with Syracuse people coupled with his friendships with Scoop and Rex, he might flip?

I'm with you here Jek, Those are my top two guys left in this class. Would cap a great class.

With Brould departed, and lord knows what will happen between now and February, but we could see one or two additional slots open up. I still think there are 4-5 spots in play. Ideally a DB, OL, DT, WR, and MLB

I don't think Broyld opened up a spot because he graduates this year anyway. He would have only opened an additional spot if he was on the books next year.

CB, DT, LB, WR I want a CB with a bigger body. We need some additional size in the defensive backfield. We're pretty short back there now. Need LB depth as well

stud WR if possible as well. Donald Stewart would be ideal .

CB, DT, LB, WR I want a CB with a bigger body. We need some additional size in the defensive backfield. We're pretty short back there now. Need LB depth as well

stud WR if possible as well. Donald Stewart would be ideal .

That's the primary reason I'm still hoping we can find room for Devon Clarke. You can't teach 6-3.

I think Brinson is taller than his listed 5-11, but yeah, I'd like taller corners and safeties to. But so wouldn't every coach who's recruiting them.

That's the primary reason I'm still hoping we can find room for Devon Clarke. You can't teach 6-3.

Blair and Scissum provide great size at safety, and Frederick is decent size, I was more worried about Corner. I don't think we have one that is legit over 6 foot.

Moe Neal - HB
Donald Stewart - WR
Jay Rose - TE
Eric Burrell - S

Based on visits, and recent interviews, I'd say those 4 are definitely "takes" as far as our board is concerned. Beyond them, I don't even know at this point. Bo Peek seems like a no-brainer at DT if he becomes available. I'm not so sure on Christian Colon because there was some chatter about the staff not thinking he was a good fit for our Defense.

My guess is that we end up around 20 in the class...so that would leave one other spot open if all 4 of those guys committed. I'm thinking we end up with some combination of the 4 names above, maybe Peek, or another CB if Stewart goes elsewhere and a different S if Burrell goes elsewhere. I think we land Neal on Saturday and we seem to be in really good shape with Rose. He should be deciding by the end of August so hopefully we lock him up. After that who knows!

Blair and Scissum provide great size at safety, and Frederick is decent size, I was more worried about Corner. I don't think we have one that is legit over 6 foot.
Who is the Blair you are speaking of?

From Bailey's article about Jamal Holloway:

The Orange now has 14 players currently committed to its 2016 class, counting 2015 holdover defensive end Brandon Ginnetti. SU also received a pledge from three-star Georgia defensive back Monquavion Brinson on Monday night and could add a third commit in a five-day span when three-star hybrid Moe Neal announces his decision on Saturday.

Syracuse is expected to take about 18 players this cycle in order to stay under the NCAA cap of 85 total scholarships. All verbal commitments are non-binding until the player signs a national letter of intent in February.

Okay, so taking that at face value, we would be at 15 if Moe Neal commits on Saturday.

That means 3 more in terms of how the current roster stands, but potentially a few more via attrition.

I'd like to see us add another S, DT, and WR. CB and potentially another DT if two additional slots open up [which seems likely, given the natural roster attrition that seems to happen every year]. Another S if a third scholie opens up.

I'd be pretty satisfied with that class.

You can teach it actually. Most guys fail to learn it.

From Bailey's article about Jamal Holloway:

The Orange now has 14 players currently committed to its 2016 class, counting 2015 holdover defensive end Brandon Ginnetti. SU also received a pledge from three-star Georgia defensive back Monquavion Brinson on Monday night and could add a third commit in a five-day span when three-star hybrid Moe Neal announces his decision on Saturday.

Syracuse is expected to take about 18 players this cycle in order to stay under the NCAA cap of 85 total scholarships. All verbal commitments are non-binding until the player signs a national letter of intent in February.

Okay, so taking that at face value, we would be at 15 if Moe Neal commits on Saturday.

That means 3 more in terms of how the current roster stands, but potentially a few more via attrition.

I'd like to see us add another S, DT, and WR. CB and potentially another DT if two additional slots open up [which seems likely, given the natural roster attrition that seems to happen every year]. Another S if a third scholie opens up.

I'd be pretty satisfied with that class.

What would potentially open another slot is if Blair doesn't qualify and Giordano rolls back to the 2015 class. Sucky scenario but a realistic possibility.

Moe Neal - HB
Donald Stewart - WR
Jay Rose - TE
Eric Burrell - S

Based on visits, and recent interviews, I'd say those 4 are definitely "takes" as far as our board is concerned. Beyond them, I don't even know at this point. Bo Peek seems like a no-brainer at DT if he becomes available. I'm not so sure on Christian Colon because there was some chatter about the staff not thinking he was a good fit for our Defense.

My guess is that we end up around 20 in the class...so that would leave one other spot open if all 4 of those guys committed. I'm thinking we end up with some combination of the 4 names above, maybe Peek, or another CB if Stewart goes elsewhere and a different S if Burrell goes elsewhere. I think we land Neal on Saturday and we seem to be in really good shape with Rose. He should be deciding by the end of August so hopefully we lock him up. After that who knows!

agree 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom