Two New SU Assistant Coaches and Two additions to the AD dept. | Syracusefan.com

Two New SU Assistant Coaches and Two additions to the AD dept.

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Watch out Notre Dame, we're catching up.

Syracuse:
Akron assistant recruiting coordinator Steven Schrum has joined the Syracuse staff as a recruiting quality control assistant. Schrum spent three months at Akron after spending the previous year as a Northwestern recruiting assistant.

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com

Last edited:
This makes me very excited to read, simply because this shows me that the syracuse administration isnt playing around this time. There giving babers the support he needs and deserves, which is something that concerned me at first

In his first year as coach no less - admin showing some serious respect to HCDB. Number of times this has happened before? Never.

I'm pretty sure that's two additional positions they've approved THIS season. Our coach is being heard, and they're accommodating to at least some capacity. Bodes well for everybody being on the same page.

This administration seems to understand that to make more revenue you have to spend more money in the right places. Success will pay for these hires multiple times over.

I'm disappointed. We couldn't drop a mil on a splash ice hockey coach instead? SOMEONE CALL THE DOCTOR!!!

Regarding Mr. Fuller, I wonder why the move from University of Tennessee to Syracuse University.

Seems like a similar position - a lateral positional move while leaving behind the SEC.
UT AD Dave Hart is retiring next summer, which has impacted job security for many in the UT athletic offices...

I love the fact that we're making hires. It's cheaper to spend money and win than go cheap an lose.

UT AD Dave Hart is retiring next summer, which has impacted job security for many in the UT athletic offices...
I will add that the biggest need for the SU AD office for the past 20 years (probably longer) is fund raising.

For this reason, Fuller is the most impressive (and arguably more important) non-coach hire by an SU AD in a very long time. I am greatly impressed with his resume. Let's see if he can get things done up here.

I will add that the biggest need for the SU AD office for the past 20 years (probably longer) is fund raising.

For this reason, Fuller is the most impressive (and arguably more important) non-coach hire by an SU AD in a very long time. I am greatly impressed with his resume. Let's see if he can get things done up here.
Agree Tom, that he was directly responsible for UTs negotiating with IMG is particularly interesting. That is a place where Syracuse can make gains. With Wildhack I hope the local cable deal and coverage are increased as well.

Agree Tom, that he was directly responsible for UTs negotiating with IMG is particularly interesting. That is a place where Syracuse can make gains. With Wildhack I hope the local cable deal and coverage are increased as well.
I agree his work with IMG is of interest too.

I think the new ACC deal with ESPN took all the tier 3 material (like SU basketball exhibition games, the spring football game, olympic sports like soccer and volleyball) off the table and effectively ended SU's relationship with Time Warner Sports.

But I am hopeful he will be more successful than the previous ADs at getting the SU coaches shows distributed on SNY, MSG, YES or other channels accessible by most alums, fans and recruits. Also hopeful he can address the quality of these shows (they are really poorly done and appear to be working with the smallest budget possible; in marked contrast to peer schools in the ACC and B1G). We also need to do a better job distributing rebroadcasts of SU games, full and abridged, etc. (if this is still possible with ACC Network Extra). They need to find their way on to SNY, MSG, YES, etc.

There are lots of ACC olympic sports games televised on ACC Network Extra but few if any from SU venues. His work getting a studio up and running for UT (surely mostly for the SEC network) will also be helpful. We are behind many other ACC schools here and it results in a lot less visibility for our olympic sports and their venues. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

I would hope a quality control person in recruiting would be the one to make sure we dont end up with kids complaining about not being contacted for periods of time if we still have interest in them.