Tyler & Dylan Ennis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler & Dylan Ennis

There are six of Ennis kids:

Brandon - Plays for University of District of Columbia

Dylan - Plays for Nova

Tyler - Plays for SU

Brittany - plays junior girls in Campion (Toronto)

Dominique - still at home

Tyylon - still at home

Mother: Suzette Ennis

Stepfather: Tony McIntyre - one of the biggest names in Canadian basketball

Are you this guy?

check-it-out-with-dr-steve-brule-life-itself.jpg

Dylan - Plays for Nova

Tyler - Plays for SU

Tyylon - still at home

Jeez, I don't know. This is Brittany.
NqKHc7RP.jpeg

And this is Tyler's older brother Brandon.

LJ4_1032.JPG

There may be more going on here that we really don't need to delve into. Family has some basketball skills.

Dylan - Plays for Nova

Tyler - Plays for SU

Tyylon - still at home

Who are the five greatest rappers of all time?
Tyylon
Tyylon
Tyylon
Tyylon and.
Tyylon.

Most of the articles I have read refer to the kids as siblings (no step or half references) and the parents and six brothers and sisters as a family (no non-traditional family references). Also mention Tony being involved with Tyler and Dylan's AAU teams from a very young age.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mom and Dad aren't married or weren't when the kids were born. If they were married it would be highly unusual for the kids to take the Mom's last name over the Dad's (at least in the U.S.). If they aren't married the Dad doesn't have a de facto legal relationship to the kids like the mom does so its not all that unusual for the kids to take the legal last name of their unmarried biological mother.

Then again sometimes people do things just because that is the way they want to do it. Clearly they consider themselves siblings and Tony and Suzette are Dad and Mom.

It is what it is.

Bottom line for me is that everything, and I mean everything, I have read says their mom is Suzette and dad is Tony.

This is becoming incredibly confusing.

Brandon is the oldest. He and Tyler and Brittany have definite resemblance to one another and if I was told that Suzette Ennis and Tony McIntyre were their biological parents, then based on the kids physical appearance I would believe that. I would still wonder why the kids' last name was 'Ennis' and not 'McIntyre' though.

If Brandon is the oldest and is a biological son of Suzette & Tony, and Dylan is Suzette's biological son but not Tony's, how does that work?

Maybe Tony & Suzette had 5 biological kids together and also adopted Dylan as a couple. That would make sense.

I'm still confused as to the kids being 'Ennis' though.

Bottom line for me is that everything, and I mean everything, I have read says their mom is Suzette and dad is Tony.
It's all that really matters but understand the inquiry.

Hey listen, nobody is under any obligation to have explain anything to anyone, least of all me. They are obviously a close, caring family.

My inquiry was simply a product of being a fan of a team and being just a tad obsessed about the players on the team, being home on a snowy day off and no games to watch.

my guess is mcintyre is tyler's biological father but dylan's step father.

this thread is awesome.

just tossing in my 2 cents - but i remember a video of him talking about his commitment to syracuse and mcintyre was referred to as his step father.

But that was months ago. so not 100% sure im recalling that correctly.

Note the personal info of Brandon's. Maybe Tony didn't get involved until Tyler came along and mom already had two boys with the last name Ennis so she just continued that along.

Personal info says: 'Son of Suzette Ennis'. No mention of Tony or a dad at all.

Maddening!

Like I said, there could be a bunch of different things going on here. Some very good friends of ours are becoming the guardians of the father's niece (her dad is dying and mom's not involved - dad is the brother of our friend). And the kids are already calling the niece their sister. They will have five total children, only two of whom are the couples by birth. Life happens.

this thread is awesome.

just tossing in my 2 cents - but i remember a video of him talking about his commitment to syracuse and mcintyre was referred to as his step father.

But that was months ago. so not 100% sure im recalling that correctly.
A fly in the ointment.

Like I said, there could be a bunch of different things going on here. Some very good friends of ours are becoming the guardians of the father's niece (her dad is dying and mom's not involved - dad is the brother of our friend). And the kids are already calling the niece their sister. They will have five total children, only two of whom are the couples by birth. Life happens.
One thing I will just never understand is when a parent is not involved. Just can't understand that mentality.

One thing I will just never understand is when a parent is not involved. Just can't understand that mentality.

In many cases it comes down to one word - drugs. But I agree with you completely.

Agreed but as I've learned from personal experience and my many years on this planet - some people simply do not have, or are not given the tools necessary to be a parent.

Being a good parent is not an easy thing and involves a lot of patience and discipline. Lots of folks just don't have those capabilities and it's easier for them to just exit out of a kids life rather then admit to themselves that they just can't do it.

And to be clear - this is has nothing to do with our conversation about the McIntyre-Ennis family at all.