Tyler Roberson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson

I would much rather have Roberson over Lawrence, everytime I read something about Lawrence lately it turns me off more. Not to mention, he seems to be very injury prone. Roberson looks like a better fit

I watched a few videos of his on youtube.
One game I saw alot of weaknesses as he was very tentative, ran away from any physical contact, had bad hands let a few balls go right through his hands, didn't get out in transition well, slow motor and lacked the superior athletic ability.
The next game he was the exact opposite, Running out into transition and finishing well, atttempting to make a massive block on one end and then running the floor and trying to throw one down, and not shunning away from the prospect of contact.
Hes playing with alot of forwards and mobile bigs, which can make him a tough read.
Seems to have a high IQ, and really understands how to run into space as well as rebounding lanes. Would be a nice get. Hope he spends some time bulking up his lower arms, and hands.

Heres a video of him 21 on the red going at it with Ennis and Briscoe on the blue.

I watched a few videos of his on youtube.
One game I saw alot of weaknesses as he was very tentative, ran away from any physical contact, had bad hands let a few balls go right through his hands, didn't get out in transition well, slow motor and lacked the superior athletic ability.
The next game he was the exact opposite, Running out into transition and finishing well, atttempting to make a massive block on one end and then running the floor and trying to throw one down, and not shunning away from the prospect of contact.
Hes playing with alot of forwards and mobile bigs, which can make him a tough read.
Seems to have a high IQ, and really understands how to run into space as well as rebounding lanes. Would be a nice get. Hope he spends some time bulking up his lower arms, and hands.

Heres a video of him 21 on the red going at it with Ennis and Briscoe on the blue.
He battled multiple nagging leg injuries last season. He missed half of the season because of it, which may have been a reason why he looked tentative. He wasn't fully healed until the spring and you can see the difference in the video posted.

He battled multiple nagging leg injuries last season. He missed half of the season because of it, which may have been a reason why he looked tentative. He wasn't fully healed until the spring and you can see the difference in the video posted.

Thanks Francis as always. Good info
biggrin.png

Also off topic, but I love the thought of ennis stepping up and knocking down the three in transition in that video.

He had a open lane to take it but shows the confidence in a jumper over a layup when open. Not saying that will translate to the college level as the three point line is alittle further, but only certain guys like Gerry or Devendorf would do that.

Cooney, Ennis(in this video anyway) and MCW this year are three guys who when they started knocking down threes in high school wouldn't back off. Much different then Triche, Scoop, or Dion in HS.

A forward would have to go pro early for it to make sense to take Lawrence and Roberson

A forward would have to go pro early for it to make sense to take Lawrence and Roberson
Not a long shot for fair or xmas to go

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Not a long shot for fair or xmas to go

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I don't agree with that. They are both long shots

Those forwards may be a first to commit situation. And hopefully Chris McCullough comes in the 2014 class. One tall versatile forward per class works well.

I don't agree with that. They are both long shots
I'm not trying to start an argument but I have a question. Why do you keep saying Christmas has no shot at getting drafted after this year? It could easily happen.

LOL! any site that has Rak going 16 and MCW not listed is completely useless! If he was 6'11 maybe but at 6'9 no freaking way!

LOL! any site that has Rak going 16 and MCW not listed is completely useless! If he was 6'11 maybe but at 6'9 no freaking way!
I agree that MCW should be on any list before Rakeem, but if Rakeem can show mobility and be a tenacious rebounder and shot blocker, he could get picked in the first round, even without a well rounded offensive game. He needs to rebound and attack the rim, just be aggressive. If he can do that, it will benefit SU and his draft position.

I'm not trying to start an argument but I have a question. Why do you keep saying Christmas has no shot at getting drafted after this year? It could easily happen.

Size! The shorter you are the more skill you need. Fab was the 3rd tallest player that declared for the draft . Rak will not be in the top 15.

I agree that MCW should be on any list before Rakeem, but if Rakeem can show mobility and be a tenacious rebounder and shot blocker, he could get picked in the first round, even without a well rounded offensive game. He needs to rebound and attack the rim, just be aggressive. If he can do that, it will benefit SU and his draft position.

not at 6'9" he has to do more.

Dude avereaged 12, 10 and 3 blocks on a FF team. If Rak can do that. He's going pro.
That's what I am saying. Those 12 points were not dribble drives and jump shots. They were attacking the rim. Grabbing rebounds and throwing them down and swatting shots. Rak is an elite athlete. He is strong and he can jump out of the gym. If he is aggressive, there is no reason that he can't match those stats on a Final Four team.

That's what I am saying. Those 12 points were not dribble drives and jump shots. They were attacking the rim. Grabbing rebounds and throwing them down and swatting shots. Rak is an elite athlete. He is strong and he can jump out of the gym. If he is aggressive, there is no reason that he can't match those stats on a Final Four team.
I sure hope so. I see him as a Patric young. Either way Im excited to see his progression.

I agree if he puts up those numbers on a FF team he will and should go pro. I also think those numbers are close to impossible unless we average 100pts a game. Thomas was the 3rd leading scorer on that team Rak is not going to be in our top 3 imo maybe 5 or 6.

Well, with J Grant now 7'4", I bet he leaves after this year. No wonder we are recruiting 2 forwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom