Typical Southern Bias | Syracusefan.com

Typical Southern Bias

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16052803#16052803

http://www.tigernet.com/view/blog/plyler.do?id=13176

Mickey Plyler is Clemson Radio guy and contributes to TigerNet from what I can tell...he also has an issue with northern ACC schools. He states it isn't a north/south thing but doesn't like the northern ACC schools in the ACC (because we don't care about football) yet he doesn't hate Duke, UVA, Miami and Wake Forest even though they display the same attitude towards football.

I agree northern football generally is not followed as closely but we are not BC.

You can reach out to him here...please be nice but feel free to tell him the good things about Cuse. Remember this is just sports and no need to get too wrapped over this.

BTW, he is a NY Yankee fan too...that doesn't make sense but that is a plus to me. LOL

Tigernet is a mess. Anytime I'm there I thank my lucky star for our admins. Yikes

He states it isn't a north/south thing but doesn't like the northern ACC schools in the ACC

And I don't like southern schools like Clemson claiming that they're accredited.

This is news to me...

To be fair, I only see accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which I assume is the same body that accredits ITT Tech and University of Phoenix.

Wow, look at their membership. It's like a who's-who of places that may or may not be diploma mills.
http://www.sacscoc.org/searchResults.asp

Northerners look at southerners like they're "southern bumpkins"; southerners look at northerners like they're "god damn yankees".

It's all good. There's no question they have a rabid football fan base, and one that I wish we had for football. Football is religion in the south, not in the north. I'm still fancied with dreams of us returning to the top 10, but I still haven't woken up. :noidea:

They have a right to think we shouldn't be in the ACC for football, similar to how we think they shouldn't belong in the ACC for basketball.

NASA, I love you and thank you carrying the SU rep at NASA, but dude Syracuse was just above Clemson in the latest USN&WR rankings. I love the smack as your a top SU rep, but the academic angle may need to be more specialized thanks to Cantor.

To Mark's point that is just a lazy stereotype by the Clemson announcer. We care about football its not just the only local team that mattters. In the Northeast you have more options for your entertainment dollars. In most of the SEC/South the local pro teams aren't a threat for entertainment dollars. The Panthers don't matter like the Tigers/Gamecocks/Tar Heels/Wolfpack/Pirates matter.

In Alabama I doubt the Falcons, Saints, Titans matter at all.

1st thing what a god awful website.

2nd "Syracuse isn't BC" - Ouch

The academic thing is fun for certain situations but in general the only ACC schools even worth taking shots at are FSU, NC State and Louisville. Most of the other schools are better than Cuse.

NASA, I love you and thank you carrying the SU rep at NASA, but dude Syracuse was just above Clemson in the latest USN&WR rankings. I love the smack as your a top SU rep, but the academic angle may need to be more specialized thanks to Cantor.

Above being the operative word. Even after that dumpsterfire Cantor.

And I love you too.

To be fair, I only see accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which I assume is the same body that accredits ITT Tech and University of Phoenix.

Wow, look at their membership. It's like a who's-who of places that may or may not be diploma mills.
http://www.sacscoc.org/searchResults.asp
Syracuse 25-75th percentile SAT scores: 1060-1280
Clemson 25-75th percentile SAT scores: 1150-1340

Maybe us bumpkins just test well.

Clemson is a very good school. I think most of you would fall in love with the setting. The girls are easy on the eyes there too.
I noticed in the thread on this board that there are a ton of y'all making the trip. I'm excited.

Above being the operative word. Even after that dumpsterfire Cantor.

And I love you too.
just be careful we don't want you dislocating your shoulder constantly patting yourself on your back about NASA. I kid