U Albany fires Will Brown / hires Dwayne Killings | Syracusefan.com

U Albany fires Will Brown / hires Dwayne Killings

St Bonaventure had interest in him at one point. Instead of being professional and respectfully declining, he called it career suicide.

Fast forward, and he’s currently looking for a job while the Bonnies have wrapped up a regular season conference title and eyeing a tourney bid.

Will Brown is a boob.

Albany has a really funky roster. Lots of transfers, JUCOs and 3 Australians.

Maybe it is time to give Tiana a shot at a HC position.

They always have Australians :)
Those Rowley brothers and Peter Hooley started the Aussie pipeline a few years back. (Edit) Jon Iati from back then is now on the staff! Iati was not from Australia though, but he once ate a Vegemite sandwich ;)

Last edited:
They always have Australians :)
Those Rowley brothers and Peter Hooley started the Aussie pipeline a few years back. Joe Cremo from back then is now on the staff! Cremo was not from Australia though, but he once ate a Vegemite sandwich ;)

That makes him a legit tough guy.

Vegemite looks (and probably tastes) like what you drain out of your oil pan after driving 20,000 miles between oil changes.

That makes him a legit tough guy.

Vegemite looks (and probably tastes) like what you drain out of your oil pan after driving 20,000 miles between oil changes.
I was only kidding for effect and a witty delivery. The reality is more like Nutella and that is fine by me. :)

I was only kidding for effect and a witty delivery. The reality is more like Nutella and that is fine by me. :)

Nah, I’ve been to Australia and tried vegemite.

IF you left Nutella open in your car trunk in Arizona for a year, then maybe it would bear some similarity to vegemite.

Do you pay him or does he pay you to leave the message?
Lol you have to actually give him 100 bucks. Just a little comparison. Doc Golden.a ws champion who's thrown a no hitter and is one of the most talented pitchers to ever live is 85 bucks.

A little background on Killings. Before Marquette, he was pretty much the only competent coach on Ollie’s staff in the last years of his tenure. He was the only one immediately scooped up after Ollie was axed which tells you something. At UConn he was the guy explaining and teaching during time outs. He also is decent at identifying under the radar talent. I think he was the one who recruited Carlton at UConn and prior recruited at least one all AAC player at Temple. Fran Dunphy seemed upset to see him go. He seems like a good guy and I’d love to see him succeed.

Okay, this is really dumb. Albany was very interested in two other coaches for this job. Those coaches are ass'ts on two tournament teams. Albany didn't want to wait for their seasons to be over. They wanted to interview these guys right now. They couldn't do that. They had to stay with their teams and help prepare for the tournament. Albany didn't wait the week. The Marquette ass't could interview now. I wouldn't want to work for a school and a A.D. that made decisions like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom