UCONN | Syracusefan.com

UCONN

H

HOFCeluck

Since the BY is so obsessed with us, maybe we should just dedicate one thread to discussing their constant whining and irrelevant bragging about beating DePaul, SNY coverage etc.*

I recognize the irony of starting a new UCONN thread.

No need to talk about them. The only reason they talk about us if you think about it, is because they have a boring product and a bleak future. Who are they even going to play next year. I have said since our ACC invite, we are two ships passing in the night. And since I wrote that, the distance hs only got greater.

BTW in case anyone was wondering...never run 6 miles in 25 MPH winds after drinking 11 PBR's the night before.
I had a hard enough time jogging to get the Sunday paper.

Not directed at the OP specifically, and understanding that it largely happens on the football side, but this thread should serve as some indication of how ridiculous those "Rutgers-obsessed" SU fans appear...to Rutgers fans.
For some unearthly reason there are some on these forums who've decided to bow at the altar of that know-nothing, do-nothing, "flash-in-the-pan" program, and treat them like they're our biggest rival.
When you point out how ridiculous that is, and how it indicates an appalling level of insecurity, they... Just. Don't. Get. It.
Sad. Oh Lord

BTW in case anyone was wondering...never run 6 miles in 25 MPH winds after drinking 11 PBR's the night before.
A real man would have run 6 miles in 25 mph winds while drinking 11 peebers and recording his debut album.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Not directed at the OP specifically, and understanding that it largely happens on the football side, but this thread should serve as some indication of how ridiculous those "Rutgers-obsessed" SU fans appear...to Rutgers fans.
For some unearthly reason there are some on these forums who've decided to bow at the altar of that know-nothing, do-nothing, "flash-in-the-pan" program, and treat them like they're our biggest rivals.
When you point out how ridiculous that is, and how it indicates an appalling level of insecurity, they... Just. Don't. Get. It.
Sad. Oh Lord

Correct. Rutgers is vastly inferior to BC. And BC has never had the bite to be taken as a "serious" rival of ours like WVA or Penn St in FB.

Both Miami and VT were bigger rivals than Rutgers or even BC.

(And in hoops uconn only was our rivals to the level of Georgetown the last half of the history of the BE. First 15 years they were nothing. Providence was the real program in southern NE at that time.)

But Cuse-BC is a pretty good rivalry much better than Cuse-Rutgers which is nothing.

Just because Rutgers benefited more than anyone from our fb program going down the toilet at the end of the Pasqualoni era doesn't mean they are worth our time. I would not schedule them in the future but they'd love to schedule us since we are a big rival to them despite it not being mutual.

Its ridiculous that uconn and buttgers think they are equals to one of the greatest colege football programs in college football history (somewhere 10-20 and unquestionably top 25) just because they won most of the matchups the 6 or 7 years we were at our lowest.

There are teams I despise but have a grudging respect for (see WVA.) I hate rutgers and uconn and that grudging respect is not there (maybe a tiny bit in hoops for uconn but nothing in football for either sorry I am not impressed they beat us when we were a mess.)

It's just a reusult of shifting sands. Uconn is struggling with a backslide into irrelevancy, but they'll have good company with other big rivals we've left behind. Games that were once interesting with teams like Holy Cross, NYU, Niagara, Colgate, Fordham, St. Lawrence, Rochester. I think Uconn would be a great addition to the Patriot League and wish them well there. Or in the MAAC.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

To be honest I have always enjoyed the UConn rivalry. In my eyes they replaced Gtown in a lot of ways when JT Sr. retired. I, for one, cannot stand Calhoun. But I see the same thing happening with UConn that happened with Gtown. Now that their Hall of Famer coach is not there what is the major draw? Unfortunately if UConn does not get into a major conference I doubt they will be elite again. The one thing that seperated us, and reassures me we will be fine after JB, is the Dome. Kids still love playing in the Dome. The move to the ACC is the slam dunk to our revelancy but I honestly think we would have been fine regardless. Football, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

To be honest I have always enjoyed the UConn rivalry. In my eyes they replaced Gtown in a lot of ways when JT Sr. retired. I, for one, cannot stand Calhoun. But I see the same thing happening with UConn that happened with Gtown. Now that their Hall of Famer coach is not there what is the major draw? Unfortunately if UConn does not get into a major conference I doubt they will be elite again. The one thing that seperated us, and reassures me we will be fine after JB, is the Dome. Kids still love playing in the Dome. The move to the ACC is the slam dunk to our revelancy but I honestly think we would have been fine regardless. Football, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

Going forward the Melo Center may be more important.

I went to the BY for my regular schadenfreude fix and read a thread asking why the media doesn't bring up our postseason ban more often.

They did not understand why no one ever talked about our twenty year old tournament ban.

I went to the BY for my regular schadenfreude fix and read a thread asking why the media doesn't bring up our postseason ban more often.

They did not understand why no one ever talked about our twenty year old tournament ban.

My favorite threads on the BY are the ones where they all try to convince themselves that they are THE program in the BE and they all high five electronically. Its quite comical.

F them

My favorite threads on the BY are the ones where they all try to convince themselves that they are THE program in the BE and they all high five electronically. Its quite comical.

F them

My favorite is just looking to see if the Men's basketball program still has more posts/topics than the women's. Soon enough it won't even be close.

My favorite is just looking to see if the Men's basketball program still has more posts/topics than the women's. Soon enough it won't even be close.

I just cant stress enough how great it is to see both their basketball and football program in the toilet. Its like christmas morning every day.

F them

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/when-the-history-of-big-east-basketball-is-written.32102/

Like that one?

They ought to paste that so they can remember how awesome they were when 1500 pack the XL center to watch UCONN play Houston to determine sole possession of fifth place in the NNNNNNNNNNNNBE.

Come to think of it, UCONN fans should stop obsessing over us and start an e-beef with the cougs. Those two programs have far more in common with each other.

The best part of Uconn is I could give a rats a$$ if they win. It means nothing. I rarely watch any of their games because they dont mean anything. Their fans can chant PRIDE all they want but this season means nothing.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/when-the-history-of-big-east-basketball-is-written.32102/

Like that one?

They ought to paste that so they can remember how awesome they were when 1500 pack the XL center to watch UCONN play Houston to determine sole possession of fifth place in the NNNNNNNNNNNNBE.

Come to think of it, UCONN fans should stop obsessing over us and start an e-beef with the cougs. Those two programs have far more in common with each other.
That was the one I was referring too. What a bunch of insecure in that thread. Total irrelevancy.

The best part of Uconn is I could give a rats a$$ if they win. It means nothing. I rarely watch any of their games because they dont mean anything. Their fans can chant PRIDE all they want but this season means nothing.
I kind of wish they were very very good this season and went 30-1 only to be banned from the NCAAT, OSU style. Then they suck starting next season. Oh well, looks like the sucking started a season early. :noidea:

This UConn and USF game is a preview of the 2 powerhouses that will be battling for the NNBE for years to come. Great basketball. Although I guess we can't forget what SMU and Houston will bring.

USF with a great drive to tie it. UConn totally f's up the last possession and settles for a 30 foot shot. OT. Go Bulls!

USF with a great drive to tie it. UConn totally f's up the last possession and settles for a 30 foot shot. OT. Go Bulls!
BBBBBUT... Uconn has more players in the NBA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom