UEO who scored the first 2 against KU? | Syracusefan.com

UEO who scored the first 2 against KU?

in case you forget ... click the link

EPIC. Especially when coupled with what the announcers said afterwards. Thanks for the reminder, my face still has a smile on it!

EDIT: I wonder if Vegas had prop bets on the first player to score in the game, what would the exact odds be on it being him? That's a great reminder that unlikely things happen.

EDIT 2: LOL, I didn't notice who posted it at first.

Last edited:

I just watched the whole first half. Forgot how great of a passing team they were. I forgot how great Carmelo was. Old Roy super out coached.

Gerry, amazing unconscious shooting. Duany intense as hell. Josh the original number 5 with huge contributions.

The funny thing about Forth was he looked like he was 6'8" from below the neck. And 7' above the neck. He had a really long neck or head something. A little out of proportion. But man he played really good basketball the whole tournament. I think Forth played his best basketball of the season during that tournament run. He was really terrific in those games.

I love the NC game and I've watched it at least 5 times from beginning to end. I just wish we had more than one NC. It's so hard to get NC. I just can't believe the dog school has so many NCs. Someday luck will start flowing our way and we put more NCs in our pocket.

What I like about Paschal is he 7'2" but he looks proportional correct at 7'2". He's a big dude. He's going to be good one for us.

The amount of crap that Forth took from the SU fanbase still annoys me to this day. The only person who had it worse was Troy Nunes.

Scoop received a lot criticisms. Cooney gets a lot now. I think Forth probably deserved some of the criticism. But during the tournament run he played terrific! He transitioned from a weak link to a very solid contributor. Everyone on the 2003 team played way above their level all through the tournament. It seemed during each win a different player would rise up and have a career like day. I think everyone started playing better basketball because of Carmelo. When someone is that good he raises everyone's level of play.

Without looking, Craig Forth?

Edit: Hell yeah!

Yeah, I had it, too. And again, without looking, didn't he get the first basket of the 2nd half as well?

I think he got our last field goal of the game.

I just watched the whole first half. Forgot how great of a passing team they were. I forgot how great Carmelo was. Old Roy super out coached.

That first half was a really impressive offensive display. Have rewatched that game numerous times, and I'm always amazed by the level of play.

The amount of crap that Forth took from the SU fanbase still annoys me to this day. The only person who had it worse was Troy Nunes.

It's been a strange progression. Forth, GMac, Andy, Scoop, Triche, Cooney--all the focus of a lot of board negativity.

It's been a strange progression. Forth, GMac, Andy, Scoop, Triche, Cooney--all the focus of a lot of board negativity.

I don't understand what people expected from Forth. He was a guy with extremely limited athletic ability who played hard. He worked with special ed kids for crying out loud. People would just shout the most horrible things at him during games.

I don't understand what people expected from Forth. He was a guy with extremely limited athletic ability who played hard. He worked with special ed kids for crying out loud. People would just shout the most horrible things at him during games.

Probably something similar to what Boeheim -- who was on Forth as much as any player for much of his last three seasons -- expected.

I don't know what knuckleheads in the stands shouted at Forth, though I bet I wouldn't like it.

But if people were critical of some soft rebounding or difficulty finishing around the hoop, that's understandable: the coach was saying the same thing.

(For the record, Forth is my favorite kind of player - a normal human being who has interests off the court and wants to work hard at both. That's not always a recipe for being the best college basketball player, but I'm guessing he's no worse off for it.)

I think he got our last field goal of the game.

I'm not sure about that, for he had fouled out before the end of the game, leaving Warrick playing the 5, from where he came to put the block on Lee.

I'm not sure about that, for he had fouled out before the end of the game, leaving Warrick playing the 5, from where he came to put the block on Lee.

I'll watch it later (always a good time to watch a great college game), but my fallible memory has Forth scoring on a three-point play with like three minutes to go, fouling out a little later, and SU relying on free throws (with Warrick and Duany missing a couple) during a painful drought toward the end.

Could be way off on this, of course.

Rewatching the game it is crazy to me how deep we were. We only played 8 guys (that all played at least 13 minutes in this game), but we had 2 legit 5's. We had 4 guys that could play at the top of the zone (Gerry, Kueth, Edelin, Pace). Pace and Kueth also slid down to the back end of the zone.

We really need a 3rd guard to give our guards a rest. Gerry played 34 minutes, Edelin played 27 off the bench and Pace played 21 off the bench!

I'll watch it later (always a good time to watch a great college game), but my fallible memory has Forth scoring on a three-point play with like three minutes to go, fouling out a little later, and SU relying on free throws (with Warrick and Duany missing a couple) during a painful drought toward the end.

Could be way off on this, of course.

I was close (but not really) - Forth scored points 77 and 78 at 3:04, like I thought, but missed the free throw. Then he fouled out, then Billy made a shot to get us to 80. So we really missed a lot of free throws after that.

Would love to hear your take on the foul called to get Forth the three-point opportunity at 3:04. Thirteen years later, we don't see a whistle there very often. (Needless to say, I liked it and would like to see it called more often. Same for the foul on Forth that disqualified him a few seconds later.)

That 1st half is the best half of basketball syracuse has ever played. Its a testament to how good kansas was to be only down 11 at half. Against most teams that score is 53-30 at half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom