UGH !! | Syracusefan.com

UGH !!

newmexicuse

All Conference
Early on I was hoping that we could hang on for the 1 - 0 victory. Unfortunately it didn't quite work out that way. I never saw a worse five minutes by both teams to start a game.

That was truly a lackluster effort - blasted off the glass & in transition the way we were, it was actually pretty miraculous that we had a shot at the end before the out of control TO by Malachi when down three. The game was really lost at the end of the first half & the beginning of the second half when we allowed four straight treys & blew a nice lead in seconds.

In terms of players, it took G awhile to get going. Other threads on Trevor - nuff said. DC2 gets the teflon treatment because of all that he has been through & overcome, but he has regressed the last few games. He should be giving us more moxie in the middle. There was one point when he had a WIDE open 10 footer in the lane & he kicked. Just can't play with that kind of lack of confidence to stick it. He has decent touch from that range. Who are we kidding with Howard ?? Until he is at least a little bit of a scoring threat he is not a positive out there. We delude ourselves because there is nobody else and sometimes it appears anybody else would be better than Trevor out there. Lydon played well offensively, but his D in the lane was a deja vu with his early season performances. I actually thought Malachi played pretty well until his big moment flub. Tyler R - I know he can rebound better than that - what gives & it isn't all on the Zone.

Not sure it was Jimmy's best moment coaching, but then again he doesn't have a lot of levers to pull. Still, even if no levers to pull, he should not accept low effort from his players. Put in a friggin walk on if necessary.

Bottom line - why all the fuss about the tournament ? This team is going nowhere - if they got in & then got out of the first weekend that would be monumental. Could they even be good enough for a deep NIT run ?

All in all I have become very accepting of this team's mediocrity because there is no choice in that regard, and as a result, however the season ends, I won't be disappointed.

The thing I am having a hard time accepting is that too often the effort looks lackluster. The coach should be kicking butt when that happens. When the coach accepts malaise nothing good will come of it.

I agree. This team is going nowhere. Cooney continues to amaze me with his terrible shooting. 4-16. 2-10 on 3-pointers. Only player that shot worse was Coleman who took 2 shots.

I agree. This team is going nowhere. Cooney continues to amaze me with his terrible shooting. 4-16. 2-10 on 3-pointers. Only player that shot worse was Coleman who took 2 shots.

He must have been dwelling on this might be his last Orange game. He was pretty bad on senior day. What you going to do. Everyone responds differently. Cooney is about to have a huge change in his life. I imagine it's hard not to think about it.

He also often exacerbates our chances by his klutzy handle turning the ball over that usually leads to opponents fast break points. That one stretch early in the second half when he tripped over his own two feet turning the ball over leading to a fast break dunk was typical. He immediately followed that blunder by rushing down and taking a contested off balance shot (with still a lot of time of the shot clock) that lead to a fast break 3 point bucket...5 points just like that...JB immediately afterwards called a TO.

Tough to excuse Cooney for his terrible play lately. "Thinking about this being his last game..." who cares. Guys playing for national championships, world series, and super bowls are playing for much more, millions of dollars, legacies, and Cooney can't focus the last few games of the season because he's got a lot on his mind?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom