UK has 14 NCAA Violations in 2015-16 and guess how many were on bball team??? | Syracusefan.com

UK has 14 NCAA Violations in 2015-16 and guess how many were on bball team???

I just can't get up the energy to care. Since Cal showed up there, we'd be .500 or better against his teams if we played regularly, which I would love. So I let that be my solace. Cal sucks, Kentucky sucks, the NCAA sucks, Syracuse is awesome. It's all good.

They're certainly better than us at cheating, or better at not committing unforced errors (drug testing)

I don't see how you draw that conclusion. I think other school's violations are ignored.

Not sure I follow this, so basically, if UK gets caught cheating, it's proof they cheat, and if they don't, that's also proof they cheat?

I mean obviously they do, I'm just trying to follow this one.

Not sure I follow this, so basically, if UK gets caught cheating, it's proof they cheat, and if they don't, that's also proof they cheat?

I mean obviously they do, I'm just trying to follow this one.
Why is it obvious that they cheat? In the years that Cal has been there, if they cheated you would think you would get one disgruntled former player report them. or one recruit that didn't end up there. Or one anti-sport professor. One UPS employee. Or one waitress. ANYBODY! But no one has. I guess it's obvious that they cheat because I think everybody fails to follow all the ridiculous NCAA rules all the time. It is probably impossible not to. But it is not what sour grapes here want to believe. They want to believe that Cal has a hidden account in the Camen islands that funds his recruiting effort.

Why is it obvious that they cheat? In the years that Cal has been there, if they cheated you would think you would get one disgruntled former player report them. or one recruit that didn't end up there. Or one anti-sport professor. One UPS employee. Or one waitress. ANYBODY! But no one has. I guess it's obvious that they cheat because I think everybody fails to follow all the ridiculous NCAA rules all the time. It is probably impossible not to. But it is not what sour grapes here want to believe. They want to believe that Cal has a hidden account in the Camen islands that funds his recruiting effort.

I'm basically working off the assumption that every major college program is cheating

I'm basically working off the assumption that every major college program is cheating

I think you may be too cynical. There's cheating like getting a player a good winter jacket. And then there's cheating like getting a player's mother a $40,000 job. One type of cheating consistently gets you 5-star recruits. And then there's NCAA rules violations that are not systemically repeated.

Honestly, how can UK and KU consistently get so many 5-star recruits. Those programs are successful but not exactly perfect either. There are a lot very good basketball programs that will make a player just as successful and probably give more PT. It seems to me, and I may just be superstitious here, that there may be something going on behind the scenes at UK and KU.

I just can't stand the perception of SU's basketball program. It's not like we get a whole one 5-star player every year. We've had 1 five star player in the last four years. And two 4.7 star players:

Verbal Commits

If we are cheating, we not doing a very good job at it!

That's no ones fault but ours for cheating in flagrant and tbh, stupid ways.

I think the NCAA penalties on us were like the death penalty for petty theft. Yeah, no one is going to argue that petty theft is ever right.

I'm from the school thinking that says whoever does the crime is responsible for the crime. If a student cheats they should lose their scholarship. If a tutor cheats they should lose their job. If YMCA booster hires SU players for summer work...uh...I got nothing for this one because I do not understand what he did wrong. Maybe he overpaid them I guess or paid them when they did not work. Then that guy should be banned from attending games or something.

I just don't understand the idea that you punish someone else from someone else's behavior. How someone claims someone else is responsible for someone else's choices is hard for me to grasp. The world is messed up that way. Most people don't even make a distinction between the words "truth" and "opinion". That pretty much turns the world into a superstitious circus of ideas.

That's no ones fault but ours for cheating in flagrant and tbh, stupid ways.

And even worse, implementing systems of non-required governance that should have been easy to follow, but we didn't do what we were supposed to... executing that process that wasn't, you know, required to be implemented in the first place by the NCAA. Oh Lord

Last edited:
I think you may be too cynical. There's cheating like getting a player a good winter jacket. And then there's cheating like getting a player's mother a $40,000 job. One type of cheating consistently gets you 5-star recruits. And then there's NCAA rules violations that are not systemically repeated.

Honestly, how can UK and KU consistently get so many 5-star recruits. Those programs are successful but not exactly perfect either. There are a lot very good basketball programs that will make a player just as successful and probably give more PT. It seems to me, and I may just be superstitious here, that there may be something going on behind the scenes at UK and KU.

I just can't stand the perception of SU's basketball program. It's not like we get a whole one 5-star player every year. We've had 1 five star player in the last four years. And two 4.7 star players:

Verbal Commits

If we are cheating, we not doing a very good job at it!
caliparibook.jpg

Eagerly awaiting two3zones response and how cuse does the same stuff blah blah blah.

If a team breaks the rules, why shouldn't they be punished? Doesn't matter if it's UCF, UK, Kansas, St. Johns, Syracuse, SMU, whomever breaks the rules they should face the consequences. Run a clean program and you have nothing to worry about, follow the guidelines no matter how stupid they are and you have nothing to worry about.

I can't stand a majority of the policies my company has set forth, but I follow them because I don't want to get disciplined or fired. Simple.

UK self investigating on compliance issues is about as effective as asking Russian Sports Federations to self assess drug use by it's athletes.

The NCAA always seems to enforce policies based on politics. Just like whoever is in charge in DC. We just live in a culture where justice is not blind and the ends justify the means. People generally have no respect for rules. It's all about gratification at any cost.

I learned two things through our NCAA investigation.

1st is do not have any written policies that are not required but must be followed if implemented.

2nd Never self report ever. Ok wait I've known that since I could talk just like every kid. Seriously self reporting is only going to get you double punished. Its almost like the NCAA is saying "ahhhhhhhh now that you made me look I'm going to hammer you." Fix it yourself, do not report and move on.

I learned two things through our NCAA investigation.

1st is do not have any written policies that are not required but must be followed if implemented.

2nd Never self report ever. Ok wait I've known that since I could talk just like every kid. Seriously self reporting is only going to get you double punished. Its almost like the NCAA is saying "ahhhhhhhh now that you made me look I'm going to hammer you." Fix it yourself, do not report and move on.

Does anyone know the history behind the self-reporting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom