Class of 2017 - UK seems to think they can pull nine 5-star recruits | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 UK seems to think they can pull nine 5-star recruits

That "analysis" is 15 seconds of my life I'll never get back...

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/4/26...-9-5-star-prospects-pick-uk?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Big reference is the crystal ball so already suspect.

They think they are getting everyone on our list plus 4 or 5 other guys. In fairness, the blogger thinks it isn't likely to get all nine. The whole thing is just preposterous.
Must have a lot of cap space then. It's amazing how Cal can continue to do this year in and year out, what a great coach/recruiter he is, and you know it's all legal:rolleyes:

Must have a lot of cap space then. It's amazing how Cal can continue to do this year in and year out, what a great coach/recruiter he is, and you know it's all legal:rolleyes:
When BBN gets antsy after not winning the championship for a few years, they open their wallets.

When BBN gets antsy after not winning the championship for a few years, they open their wallets.
Don't matter if they win or lose, with Cal and boosters around the wallet is open 24/7.

As fun as it is play the "moral high ground" card, if we're going to break rules, then go all out with it.

Drives me crazy every time I hear a recruit say he wants to go to UK because Cal knows how to get him to the league. Geez, anyone could do this. If there was no 1 yr rule, most of the recruits would declare from high school anyway. Very tired of UK pulling in all these kids. Haven't they learned yet?

Drives me crazy every time I hear a recruit say he wants to go to UK because Cal knows how to get him to the league. Geez, anyone could do this. If there was no 1 yr rule, most of the recruits would declare from high school anyway. Very tired of UK pulling in all these kids. Haven't they learned yet?

Exactly. Meanwhile Boeheim has gotten Andy Rautins, Tyler Ennis, and Jerami Grant drafted. Anthony Davis gets drafted if he plays in Moldova for a year after HS.

I think the same logic applies to these guys.

UK gets credit for turning the numbers 1-5 recruits in the nation into NBA draft picks. Our guys are not scrubs but nobody since Carmelo has been ranked as high as the bulk of what UK is getting every year. That is the point.

UK gets credit for turning the numbers 1-5 recruits in the nation into NBA draft picks. Our guys are not scrubs but nobody since Carmelo has been ranked as high as the bulk of what UK is getting every year. That is the point.

OK. Your post made it sound like JB somehow "coached up" those guys.

docsu said:
OK. Your post made it sound like JB somehow "coached up" those guys.

They got better here. Not sure why that would be considered odd.

And they can...and probably will.

But don't consider the players university employees and pay them wages because that would ruin the existing recruiting parity!