UNC Deadline Passes, with no Response | Syracusefan.com

UNC Deadline Passes, with no Response

SUinSC

LGO
For some reason I thought this was closed, but evidently UNC received another NOA with 90 day timeline to respond (deadline was Monday).

UNC says it has not responded to latest NCAA notice of allegations

The defense is amazing....
- NCAA has no authority to oversee these issues because they involve academic integrity and not athletic compliance.
- And because the NCAA knew about it in 2012 and did nothing, they can't take action now.

Ridiculous.

For some reason I thought this was closed, but evidently UNC received another NOA with 90 day timeline to respond (deadline was Monday).

The defense is amazing...
- NCAA has no authority to oversee these issues because they involve academic integrity and not athletic compliance.
- And because the NCAA knew about it in 2012 and did nothing, they can't take action now.

Ridiculous.

Don't be too surprised when they get off without penalty.

Ridiculous.
"UNC’s 90-day deadline to respond to its latest notice of allegations (NOA) came and went on Monday without an update from the university about the status of its response. Joanne Peters, UNC’s media relations director, wrote on Wednesday that “in consultation” with the NCAA, UNC had not responded." Not sure what that means.

In related news, Debbie Crowder submitted an affidavit a couple of days ago stating the bogus program was neither bogus or established primarily to help athletes. Submitted a couple of days ago - as in right at the 90 day deadline. Me smell rat.

Ridiculous.

What makes that crap is that academic integrity cost us Fab Melo and a shot at the NC along with the wins taken away.

Don't be too surprised when they get off without penalty.
It would be understandable if UNC lost their accreditation or were penalized academically, but they won't (too big to fail). Everyone will be dancing with smiles when UNC cuts down the nets this year and forget all about this little misunderstanding.

It would be understandable if UNC lost their accreditation or were penalized academically, but they won't (too big to fail). Everyone will be dancing with smiles when UNC cuts down the nets this year and forget all about this little misunderstanding.
They will have successfully slow walked this through two Final Fours.

They will have successfully slow walked this through two Final Fours.

Meanwhile, we acted immediately and suspended Fab, thereby sacrificing a Final Four run preemptively. :bang:

Which was, in retrospect, a rookie move.
UNC is doing it the Pro way.

If you're gonna cheat - go HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGE, or go home.

Meanwhile, we acted immediately and suspended Fab, thereby sacrificing a Final Four run preemptively. :bang:

Which was, in retrospect, a rookie move.
UNC is doing it the Pro way.

If you're gonna cheat - go HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGE, or go home.
Yeah because self reporting and punishing yourself proactively is always the best approach. :bat:

Ridiculous.
Maybe the Good Ole Boys have smarter lawyers.

Look for Carolina to lose in this tourney due to some questionable calls. Just like when Cuse had Elite 8 game taken away from us against Ohio State. NCAA won't let NC win championship this year.

The State of North Carolina is now threatening to go after the NCAA's non-exempt status. I didn't see it reported on the boards yesterday. It's very interesting

I hope they do it, and hope they WIN. It's about as ridiculous as the NFL being tax exempt while they were minting money. I guess that ended recently too? While I dislike UNC and Duke, I'm glad the state is showing it's teeth rather than just letting the NCAA pummel it without recourse. If the NCAA tries calling their bluff, it would be sweet to see the NCAA get what it's had coming. I wonder what will go on in old Boeheim's head when he reads about this?

Maybe the Good Ole Boys have smarter lawyers.
No Yankee Lawyer will win in North Carolina...

Anyone remember the big F Lee Bailey scene in the OJ mini series???

No Yankee Lawyer will win in North Carolina...

Anyone remember the big F Lee Bailey scene in the OJ mini series???

Hell Clarence Darrow, no less, couldn't win in Tennessee, either.

I hope they do it, and hope they WIN. It's about as ridiculous as the NFL being tax exempt while they were minting money. I guess that ended recently too? While I dislike UNC and Duke, I'm glad the state is showing it's teeth rather than just letting the NCAA pummel it without recourse. If the NCAA tries calling their bluff, it would be sweet to see the NCAA get what it's had coming. I wonder what will go on in old Boeheim's head when he reads about this?
I agree with the outcome but the reasoning for why they want to go after the NCAA is crazy. This state LOVES its transgender bathroom legislation. To this day there still have been more state reps convicted of sexual assault in bathrooms in this state than transgender people. But who needs to make policy off evidence?

Look for Carolina to lose in this tourney due to some questionable calls. Just like when Cuse had Elite 8 game taken away from us against Ohio State. NCAA won't let NC win championship this year.
Yeah never gonna happen although would love for that to happen

Vince Carter went to his UNC graduation on a Sunday morning, and then had to rush back on a private jet barely getting back on time for GAME 7 of the Eastern Semi's that afternoon.

It annoyed me at the time, and annoys me even more now knowing that he went back to accept a SHAM degree.