UNC Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game Thread...

White doesn't even attempt to jump for a rebound. He just goes through the motions of playing. The game is more than just shooting threes. He has zero toughness in his game. He can't finish against any kind of contact.
And the thing that bothered me the most, was his attempted pass to Gillon that led to the NC fast break. C'mon man

I keep meaning to pay attention, but forget. How can Meeks get every board dead center middle of lane. Is he camping in there?

Put your damn body on someone and box out white. God damn Kennedy Meeks...MEEKS, is out hustling him.

Tired of playing timid basketball.

We gotta go back to recruiting Brooklyn, Baltimore, DC and Philly. Get some players with balls who won't be pushed around like this. No fire at all.

We need to start recruiting kids from Detroit and other tough cities.New England prep league players don't have the street tough players to compete every night in this league.Focus on recruiting areas need an overhaul.

Guys UNC is shooting 33%. I know that number is mostly because of the 13 ORebs - but they aren't having great success in their 1st shots

We aren't taking advantage of the one mismatch we have, which is Lydon.

White is one dimensional, can't get open, or beat his man off the dribble.

Gillon is too small, and just plain bad.

No one is helping Robey on the glass.

Lydon needs to collect himself and quit turning the ball over. So frustrating. LETS GET A RUN GOING IN THE SECOND HALF

This is the most tentative offense I've ever seen. I know I'm not saying anything revolutionary, but holy crap this is embarrassing. Everybody catches the ball and acts like a) they've never practiced offense before and have no idea what they're supposed to do with it, b) it's a grenade that they have to get rid of quickly before they blow up and die.
That is on the staff...

Gillon/Howard again give us nothing but we'd be VERY much in this game if White did anything and Lydon wasn't a turnover machine.

That's 60% of the guys on the court. The other 40% of the guys either can't play defense or the other is just ineffective but better than the others playing so he doesn't look as bad.

We're lucky to be down this much.

So tough to watch our guards play. SU has always seemed to have high quality guys at that position and it's unequivocally the detriment of this year's team.

Monte Morris 15/5/5. Really they are going to show that to us right now. Are they trolling us?

This is the most tentative offense I've ever seen. I know I'm not saying anything revolutionary, but holy crap this is embarrassing. Everybody catches the ball and acts like a) they've never practiced offense before and have no idea what they're supposed to do with it, b) it's a grenade that they have to get rid of quickly before they blow up and die.
it's called playing scared.

Guys UNC is shooting 33%. I know that number is mostly because of the 13 ORebs - but they aren't having great success in their 1st shots
If we could rebound at all it would be a close game. I bet they have 20 second chance points

But he's the best we got. Not sure what the options are.
You're right but at least with Howard I can pretend he might break out at some point. Gillon is what Gillon is and that's a backup point guard on a team not named Syracuse.

Gillon/Howard again give us nothing but we'd be VERY much in this game if White did anything and Lydon wasn't a turnover machine.
White is not good. His effort was terrible. Be a man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom