UNC Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game Thread...

Lydon needs to collect himself and quit turning the ball over. So frustrating. LETS GET A RUN GOING IN THE SECOND HALF
Both travels he could have just put it up over the smaller defender.

Guys UNC is shooting 33%. I know that number is mostly because of the 13 ORebs - but they aren't having great success in their 1st shots

Imagine if they start shooting 50% next half. Yikes.

Very simple -- NC has 3 guys bigger and stronger than any SU player. Sure, it would be nice if Lydon remembered to dribble before taking off but the reason SU is losing is 13 offensive rebounds for NC to 3. Roberson only player TRYING to get an offensive rebound. White continually being out fought for rebounds. Not going to change in the 2nd half.

You're right but at least with Howard I can pretend he might break out at some point. Gillon is what Gillon is and that's a backup point guard on a team not named Syracuse.
Howard can't even execute a dribble handoff after picking up his dribble 35 feet out. You have hope?

Why do we keep giving the ball to Lydon at the top of the key? Who is he going to take off the dribble that is under the age of 60?

Last game we worked through him in the middle of the paint and it worked very well.

Gonna take our lumps some games this year. Roll with it...
I will accept growing pains and down years but not complete mental lapses. White and Lydon are disappointing right now.

I'm convinced that we don't practice enough offense. It's January and these guys can't make simple passes and pick up their dribbles all over the place. And when they do practice it the guys they go against and the M2M they go against in practice are/is subpar.

I wish TT could play D, we could use him out there.

It's funny how when the ball is in Battle's hand, the offense flows better. Move him to the one and put in another big body.

it's called playing scared.

Exactly, which is ridiculous when you're a team with expectations that are this low/non-existent. What the hell are they scared of?

I'm convinced that we don't practice enough offense. It's January and these guys can't make simple passes and pick up their dribbles all over the place. And when they do practice it the guys they go against and the M2M they go against in practice are/is subpar.

Syracuse basketball has turned into 5 guys passing the ball around to each other and then one decides to just chuck it up. I honestly don't even see what the actually "play" is.

Every once in awhile it looks like White REALLY elevates on a block or a rebound...maybe he can only do it once a half????

Exactly, which is ridiculous when you're a team with expectations that are this low/non-existent. What the hell are they scared of?

Being yelled at by an old man on the bench.

Thompson may have traveled/carried the ball 8 times on that one possession.

Stop giving the ball to Thompson on an island...

Our guard play is impressive, it really is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom