UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

Unfortunately there is zero chance Marrone would return. He hated recruiting / kissing teenagers asses and imo will never go back to that lifestyle.
FWIW, there was a rumor on this board that Wildhack reached out to DM before last season to gauge his interest if 2022 cratered. Doug supposedly said he had no interest.

My other post got deleted. Probably because I called our coach a word that can be described by oversized shoes and a big red nose. Our ____ head coach punted on 4th and 6.

Dude is lost way too much on game day.
So which one can't you say on this site - clown or W.C. Fields?

And who can blame him

I didn't like how Doug left, but had he stayed I think he would have built a very solid program. Just think, he followed the absolute disaster of Robinson and inherited a national bottom-feeder. He didn't have the resources that Dino has either.

In 4 years, he had two 8-win seasons and two bowls, winning both.

For those who say SU can't win...Doug proved it was not true.
I was a huge DM fan. He was easily our best since Coach Mac but the landscape is different today.

Doug competed in a declining Big East. Our toughest opponents in 2010 were L’ville, WVU and Pitt.

Marrone went hard after NY kids and the community responded. A huge part of his roster was homegrown and it worked. I hate to say it but there isn’t enough talent locally to build a P5 winner. Look at Rutgers.

I’d love to see what Doug could’ve done in the ACC but I doubt he would have similar results as quickly.

FWIW, I really doubt that internet story.

If I’m JW why wouldn’t I reach out?

If I’m Doug and never coming back to college ball my answer is a hard No.

No clue if true but imo there’s nothing in that rumor to be skeptical of.

Why are we talking about Marrone?

He's not coming back. Plus, he's a dick anyway.
Because DM being the only example of a HC who was successful here since 2004, you should learn from it when trying to select the next HC.

One thing about the 2012 8 win season - all the losses were competitive.

We didn’t have any 40-7 losses where it was 27-0 at halftime. Embarrassing and a complete waste of time for anyone who watched or worse…went to the game.

As a fan you don’t feel like you wasted your time when you lose 42-29 or 35-24.
One thing about Marrone and staff, they had great game plans. He out-schemed other college coaches - but he didn't have much on-field talent. [OK, the exception was the game at UConn when DC Scott Shafer couldn't stop P&D's high school wildcat play. he he] This is why it's best to have a coach who has spent some time in the NFL. Time management is a well understood science in that league. Analyzing opponents and setting strategy is an art form - at a level most college guys don't understand.

Marrone is no longer a hot commodity to get an NFL HC gig; he's a OL coach for the Saints. He's getting older. I think there may be a chance he may change his mind about restoring SU FB. His staff can do the recruiting work and the facilities will be much better than when he was here. Like his personality or not, he was a product of the MacPherson era and he has an understanding of how that worked successfully here. I have heard that his wife hated upstate NY though, which could be the biggest roadblock.

Marrone hated recruiting.

I can't imagine he'd be thrilled in the "free agent" era where every other school has way more NIL money to toss around.

Utah leased everyone of their players a pick-up truck.

What can we do? One SUV for the entire OL to share? It might come in handy on Turning Stone nights.
We couldve maybe seen that had fucillo not died.

I couldn't watch the game, and now don't want to. But I went to right near the punt play to watch the sequence. I'm sure it's been discussed, but on the Maye run with the block in the back penalty, there was also an obvious personal foul blind side blowup block. Would have been nice to have that 5 extra yards.

Nothing more to add on the first down call. Laughable bias.

This is not the reason we lost, but true anyway!​

IMG_8726.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom