UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

They rebounded. They didn’t turn the ball over. They did the little things. The little things have been killing them all year and they cleaned it up. They responded too when unc got going a couple of times. It feels so good to win a big game. Hopefully this sparks some serious confidence and belief (with evidence of course)
Obvious signs that the coaching is working! Congrats to AA and staff for a great game plan.

Do I think the zone and playing 6 guys is a recipe for long term success? No.

Did both work tonight for what they needed them to do? Absolutely. Glad to take the L on that.

I think Red believes his bench guys aren’t good enough and he has to play the main 5 to win.
Rest of the way. Is what it is. I still think zone isn’t the most effective D as far as giving up wide open looks and giving up rebounds but clearly it helped Brown stay on the floor and most importantly tonight thought Q and Brown were able to be pests poking the ball away. We’ll see how Red uses it rest of the way

Huge huge props to JJ. We've heard he's been working hard on his shot all year after the injuries. In a big spot tonight he gets the ball dropped in his lap at the end of the shot clock and has to launch a DEEEEP three and buries it. November JJ doesn't hit that. Kudos to him, I hope he enjoyed that moment.

The other one was lucky, but we'll take that too lol...

So confused on how 63% shooting, 47% from 3, 9 more made foul shots and only 8 turn overs somehow only ends up being a 7 point win. Seems like those numbers should mean a 20 point win. When you play a team as good as UNC though you gotta shoot lights out
couldnt get a stop on defense

Do I think the zone and playing 6 guys is a recipe for long term success? No.

Did both work tonight for what they needed them to do? Absolutely. Glad to take the L on that.

I think Red believes his bench guys aren’t good enough and he has to play the main 5 to win.
Rest of the way. Is what it is. I still think zone isn’t the most effective D as far as giving up wide open looks and giving up rebounds but clearly it helped Brown stay on the floor and most importantly tonight thought Q and Brown were able to be pests poking the ball away. We’ll see how Red uses it rest of the way
He went full JB tonight. 6 man rotation. Zone 100%. It worked. I agree we will need to play some man down the stretch.

They missed three straight calls down the end of the game. They had to review tham to see that they were wrong. That isn't good.
They know they can review. They don't care about that.

Court storming by anyone other then students is gross!! Let the kids have there fun!! not some old ass people (myself included) should be out there on national television jumping around with students!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom