UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

Oh, I disagree. No one was wants to over turned. And the incorrect call needs clear evidence of being wrong. Or the incorrect call stands. They didn't do a good job.
Agree to disagree.

Do I think the zone and playing 6 guys is a recipe for long term success? No.

Did both work tonight for what they needed them to do? Absolutely. Glad to take the L on that.

I think Red believes his bench guys aren’t good enough and he has to play the main 5 to win.
Rest of the way. Is what it is. I still think zone isn’t the most effective D as far as giving up wide open looks and giving up rebounds but clearly it helped Brown stay on the floor and most importantly tonight thought Q and Brown were able to be pests poking the ball away. We’ll see how Red uses it rest of the way

I think against UNC he was only going to play 6 guys unless he had to sit Brown for FT.

I assume we see very small doses of Carey (over Hima if he can go) and Cuffe for the rest of the games because none of them are against opponents like this.

Wow, just wow.

I did not have any confidence in that happening.

The WF blowout gave me pause, made me wonder if Red was up to the challenge. Tonight's win answered some of those questions such as can he beat a top 10 team, pull off an upset. Great job by AA to to get that type of effort out of the team with things a little bleak in being undermanned. I like how he flexible w m2m or zone. The guards played a great game, this is what I was envisioning of a mintz and JJ duo.

Salute to Red for keeping the team together. I was worried about a four-game death spiral like late last season. Saturday was a good comeback despite the L, and tonight was the best performance of the season.

Salute to Hima for being a cromulent basketball player and being on the court at the end of the first half to hold down the fort.

Salute to Mintz and Starling for big boying the small Carolina backcourt.

It's about that time...bubble time.

depositphotos_80705952-stock-photo-macro-oxygen-bubbles-in-blue.jpg

Last edited:
Dislike the court storm but love the win
Agree on court storming.
The only time SU fans should be doing it is when they win the NCAA's.
BUT...the players seemed to enjoy it.
And it can be the celebration of a milestone: the moment acceptance of mediocrity got put in the rearview mirror.

Go Orange!

I thought the refs were fine tonight. Every review was right.
I think the Ryan chop into Brown's arms with no attempt at the ball was a blown flagrant call. I thought it was debatable whether it was a flagrant 1 or a flagrant 2! He gave that little extra push to throw Brown to the ground at the end.

The fact they called a simple foul was really bad.

Then they also tried to ignore Bacot's flagrant at the end. One official from across the court had to come over to go to the video.

I guess with video replay, it only takes one official willing to call the game fair.

Really happy that Judah played much more under control tonight. JJ has really been great since January. This kind of win get get some local fans excited again. Need to get more asses in the seats.

Huge shout out to Red. I really like what I’ve seen from him so far this year. Watching him on the sidelines at home games tells you a lot more than what you can see on TV.

Love the way he controlled tempo down the stretch and used the zone to limit possessions. There was a lot of stuff he learned from JB.

I know some people have been down on him, but I think he just needs players. He’s shown that he will play the bench. Not be afraid to pull stars when they deserve it. And not take no sense that is counterproductive to program building. He’s actually been a much better bench coach than I expected.

Thought JJ pulling the ball out with about 2 minutes to go was really smart…stuck with Reds game plan.

Fts look to be a problem still.

Great win. Something to build on. Really happy for this years senior student fans. They had a shitty 4 years up til now.

I think the Ryan chop into Brown's arms with no attempt at the ball was a blown flagrant call. I thought it was debatable whether it was a flagrant 1 or a flagrant 2! He gave that little extra push to throw Brown to the ground at the end.

The fact they called a simple foul was really bad.

Then they also tried to ignite Bacot's flagrant at the end. One official from across the court had to comer over to go to the video.

I guess with video replay, it only takes one official willing to call the game fair.
The Ryan chop was a miss I agree.

The refs missed those calls down the stretch but they called a few really bizarre fouls against UNC early in the game. This is one where I think the calls balanced out.

Agree on court storming.
The only time SU fans should be doing it is when they win the NCAA's.
BUT...the players seemed to enjoy it.
And it can be the celebration of a milestone: the moment acceptance of mediocrity got put in the rearview mirror.

Go Orange!
After the last 8 years finally beating a top 10 team on TV, the students deserve to be able to storm the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom