UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

Have you ever tried to scream silently? I can now give lessons.
I spent the second half of the 2003 national title game rocking my then-3 week old in my arms (the only way she’d sleep) while I paced my living room.

When Warrick made THE BLOCK I let out the loudest silent scream anyone has ever heard.

;)

I've learned to scream silently so my dogs don't get frightened and run out of the room during SU games. Years ago they would run upstairs at the first utterance (yelling at the TV) from me.

Ha...same deal for me. Except, it's been a long time coming since I've been this emotional, and my dogs first looked at me like, "really, you're doing this again after all this time old man?" The trigger for both of them is when I yell out loud, "come on!" Which I was doing at the end when we were missing some potential critical free throws.

They then bolted up the stairs faster than 'ol Roy could say "dawgonit!" :)

With all due respect to SWC, there is no downside tonight. I'm not going to nitpick anything. Best win in years. So happy for Red and the team!
Judah, JJ and Cope are awesome guards, Brown is a warrior and Bell is improving. He got some rebounds and made some big shots. Taylor did not shoot much which may be for the best but he did not harm our chances.

the zone "worked"...but not really...down the stretch, UNC was scoring at will.

the difference in the game was SU had an amazingly efficient night on offense

having to shoot 63% overall and almost 50% from 3 to hang on for a close victory down the stretch is unsustainable...and evidence that the defense was actually bad.

I didnt think they could play zone and win...but I also didnt think they could play that well on offense ...UNC's defense is really really good, normally...

Hopefully Judah can play like this the rest of the way...he played great.

Didn't UNC turn it over 3x in the last two or whatever minutes?

JJ was great. He’s one of the best three level scorers at the 2/3 that I can remember. We’ve had shooters that couldn’t get to the rim and drivers that couldn’t shoot a lick. Very few guys that could do both. Kid is quick, explosive, and he is getting pure with his shot.

Great Bvile night. Alex Tuch had a goal in a 7-0 Sabres win.

Great win!

NC was as small as I’ve ever seen them - there guards are TINY. Judah and JJ had 4-5 inches on them. Q had 3 inches on Ryan and bell a couple on Ingram. Give Red credit for creating matchup problems all night - UNC could never play 2 bigs and had to match up with our guys vs us trying to match them.

There was nothing intimidating about this UNC team - they have talent but not scary talent like in previous years.

The refs seemed scared to make the right call all night - thank god for replay.

Red was the best coach on the floor tonight and JJ played like he was possessed

Ha...same deal for me. Except, it's been a long time coming since I've been this emotional, and my dogs first looked at me like, "really, you're doing this again after all this time old man?" The trigger for both of them is when I yell out loud, "come on!" Which I was doing at the end when we were missing some potential critical free throws.

They then bolted up the stairs faster than 'ol Roy could say "dawgonit!" :)
I warned my son of a massive clap when they were reviewing the OOB off Bacot’s knee.
But I decided not to scare the dogs.

JJ was great. He’s one of the best three level scorers at the 2/3 that I can remember. We’ve had shooters that couldn’t get to the rim and drivers that couldn’t shoot a lick. Very few guys that could do both. Kid is quick, explosive, and he is getting pure with his shot.

Great Bvile night. Alex Tuch had a goal in a 7-0 Sabres win.
Agree... Maybe Triche??

Agree on court storming.
The only time SU fans should be doing it is when they win the NCAA's.
BUT...the players seemed to enjoy it.
And it can be the celebration of a milestone: the moment acceptance of mediocrity got put in the rearview mirror.

Go Orange!
Well, you play the championship at a neutral court, so that’s dumb

Surprised no mention of the two end of clock Starling treys. I thought the first one turned the momentum in our favor and the second one kept them from getting it back.

Brown was Brown - he did a really solid job on limiting Bacat from dominating underneath. Great D.

If Judah can play that well every game for the rest of the season he will get himself drafted.

Cope's end of game D was the sealer.

Any of the four above worthy of being player of the game.

So confused on how 63% shooting, 47% from 3, 9 more made foul shots and only 8 turn overs somehow only ends up being a 7 point win. Seems like those numbers should mean a 20 point win. When you play a team as good as UNC though you gotta shoot lights out
...you hit the nail on the head. That is the type of game you need to beat UNC and the friendly "blue" stripes!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom