UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

It's not actually... I've seen traveling in the 70's. Fact is, it's not a natural move to change directions and speed with your second of two steps, that's all it is. Fast guys plant that foot and go left or right. Fast kids now use it because it's a good deceptive tool in your bag if you can do it and it's not a natural move to defend. Not everyone can do it, que the travel!

The chubby kid was so good at it because all he would do is rotate his arms and torso and he changed direction, not much need for a change of speed because he wasn't moving fast to start with.
Cowtown??

The Judah play was fine, the hands to the face I'm kinda surprised wasn't looked at harder.

Difference imo is that it was completely accidental.

Should have been an F 1, due to "excessive" nature of the contact. And you can make the case that Ryan was not playing the ball, as his blow across the arms missed the ball by a foot.
and the delayed excessive follow through. there was a solid second delay and he kept following through for no reason. looked clear f1 to me.

ryan did make a play on the ball . was he overly aggressive yes but his goal was not to let maliq raise his arms. the right call imo. and brown hopped right back up. what are your thoughts on bell's 2 hand rake to the face and eyes that sent cadeau to the bench bleeding or judah's "goal line tackle " as the announcers called it. flagrant also? neither of those were even reviewed. hard plays ? goes both ways.
It was funny - live Bell's foul looked like nothing extra which I think was right. On slow mo replay though it looked intentional which it wasn't.

and the delayed excessive follow through. there was a solid second delay and he kept following through for no reason. looked clear f1 to me.
as forward you are taught not to allow the "and one" . rule says make a play for the ball not actually contact the ball. it was proper imo and no-one got hurt besides brown's feelings. let the boys play.

Last edited:
Remarkable win! One of the keys was that we did so well at avoiding turnovers; only 8 for the whole game. Fought them pretty hard on the boards for such a short bench and undersized lineup. You never expect to see a win like this, but home court really helped. That's why they play the games. Good signature win for Red, to show that he can beat the Big Boys.

It was funny - live Bell's foul looked like nothing extra which I think was right. On slow mo replay though it looked intentional which it wasn't.
If we're talking about the play that temporarily took their guard out of the game, I was thinking possible ejection. It looked to me like Bell was head-hunting. I can think of no reason he would be extending both hands together at a guy's head (or anywhere) when he was dribbling in the back-court.

Difference imo is that it was completely accidental.
bell initiated contact to the head drawing blood. judah had his jersey tugged.
myself i don't see flagrant with either but cadeau actually had to leave the game.
you swing an elbow on a rebound and knock someone in the mouth drawing blood you're getting a flagrant whether accidental or not. which foul was worse ?

Last edited:
If we're talking about the play that temporarily took their guard out of the game, I was thinking possible ejection. It looked to me like Bell was head-hunting. I can think of no reason he would be extending both hands together at a guy's head (or anywhere) when he was dribbling in the back-court.

Not head hunting at all. Look at the replay. It’s all instantaneous as bell raised both hands straight up anticipating a pass.

Just watched the game over. Someone should have clocked Ryan (not really but…). The punk took down Brown but before that on the alley oop to Bell he not only hit him in the head but also full body rammed him. A dangerous play with a player in the air like that. Hope he gets his.
Oh to have someone like DC on this team, those type of plays would never happen.

maybe they changed the rules. used to be intentional gave you free throws and the ball. this rule was initially instituted to try and stop deliberate
fouling at the end of games to stop the clock and send your opponents to the line. by awarding the leading team with free throws AND possession you sped up the games conclusion without a whistle parade to the line. also to prevent the blatant tackling from behind of someone with a clear path to the basket on a sure breakaway .nowadays seldom is the end of game intentional slap foul an actual play on the ball but rather a quick half hearted grab and hold to halt the clock. which is was what the rule tried to stop but failed.
the flagrant foul rule however as i recall was instituted to remove unsportsmanlike behavior by suspending players from competition for that game or the possibly the next for unnecessary violent contact likely to cause injury . especially cheap shot undercuts or blows to the head . quite different scenarios.

Last edited:
Moved up to 85 in the NET. Only went up six spots. For comparison Pitt went up six spots too with their win against UVA. How does this make any sense?
We beat the spread by 14-15, they beat the spread by 17-18. That's a good proxy for how much you'll move up/down in the efficiency-based rankings.

We have to be ready Saturday night against 10-14 Georgia Tech. Losing would just eliminate all the great momentum we just built.
GT-SU tickets have skyrocketed since yesterday. From $20 > $77...

Our 2-3 is way better than our man. Maybe we just caught the heels off guard. Our big guards really choked off their 3 pt. game.

This team has serious potential if we can everyone for another year. That's just not college sports anymore.

Just watched the game over. Someone should have clocked Ryan (not really but…). The punk took down Brown but before that on the alley oop to Bell he not only hit him in the head but also full body rammed him. A dangerous play with a player in the air like that. Hope he gets his.
Grayson Allen 2.0

ryan did make a play on the ball . was he overly aggressive yes but his goal was not to let maliq raise his arms. the right call imo. and brown hopped right back up. what are your thoughts on bell's 2 hand rake to the face and eyes that sent cadeau to the bench bleeding or judah's "goal line tackle " as the announcers called it. flagrant also? neither of those were even reviewed. hard plays ? goes both ways.
Honest question. Were you disappointed last night?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom