Uncle Tom | Syracusefan.com

Uncle Tom

Shark58

BANNED
same question as last year...if TC gets sacked by the Giants, and HCSMFS no longer is employed in CNY, would you be interested in seeing Grandpa Tom take over as SU coach for a 4-5 year stint?

pros:
- name recognition with major NFL success
- wouldn't be a rookie HC
- could potentially groom his successor for a smooth transition going forward
- Cuse family

cons:
- not exactly young and/or hip and his recruiting chops haven't been used in forever
- the last couple of years on the job his mistakes are similar to the ones that will prob get SS fired
- can't bring OBJ with him

I don't know how this would make any sense at all, so is this a legitimate question?

He's a few months shy of 70. So, uh... no.

See Connecticut, Hiring Coach P, and George for your answer. That worked out well.

See Connecticut, Hiring Coach P, and George for your answer. That worked out well.

which of those were a 2X NFL superbowl champion coach who may well be on his way to the HOF?

Tom is very far from the ideal candidate, but he could potentially bring tons to the table that no one else getable could

I am no giants fan but any syracuse fan should be beyond happy if Tom C was our next football coach, immediately we would have a huge gameday upgrade. He will retire before he comes here, but make no mistake we would be immediately better if he was our coach.

From the subject line I thought this was going to be a racially charged thread.

Should have been "Major Tom" at runningback U "ground control to Major Tom...

i would love to have coughlin as our head coach. i think you would be insane to say no.

No.

if Gross was here, then yes, because we wouldnt want him hiring a 4th coach.

smart play would be to let TC get it back on its feet by giving him total control of football.

with coyle, i expect a great hire...

Giants are going to win the SuperBowl this year anyway, so I doubt hed be interested...

This isn't the NFL. It takes a completely different skill set at this level. And I'd prefer a younger man.

No, and I am a huge Tc fan, but he is going to be 70, not going to happen.

What about a role like Floyd...I mean if TC wanted to retire and just tinker on the side with SU football in a consultant capacity, might be a nice fit.

dang I thought this was a thread about Warrant