Uni Combo for Pitt Game | Syracusefan.com

Uni Combo for Pitt Game

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
Blue helmets, Orange jersey's and White pants...

Would be nice but I like the classic Orange, Blue, Orange the BEST!!!

Has this been confirmed somewhere?

I will if we wear Orange Jerseys and then will email Dr. Gross and say WEAR ORANGE TOPS MORE and I could give a crap about the pants and helmets, but ORANGE TOPS.

I can't tell if OP is saying that he has info confirming that is our combo tomorrow or he's saying thats what he'd like to see.

I can't tell if OP is saying that he has info confirming that is our combo tomorrow or he's saying thats what he'd like to see.
Know someone in program and it may just be a rumor...

Personally, I am tired of all the uniform combo's in college football.

Are you Kidding me? Why can't we just wear our traditional uniforms? Have we worn them even once this year?

Are you Kidding me? Why can't we just wear our traditional uniforms? Have we worn them even once this year?

PSU and NW. I think that's it.

945803_540113526081006_982691670_n.jpg

Last time we wore Orange against Pitt. This was Senior Day 2004 and Coach P's last home game. We ended this season with Pitt at home and then the Diamond Ferri game at BC. If we wore this shade of Orange with our current number font in white and blue/white pants I would be a happy camper.

saving for the Bowl Game...

which will likely be our highest tv rating game of the year.

Without adult supervision ... kids would vote to have candy and soda for breakfast every morning.

Something as important as uniforms needs to be left to the grown ups. :)

Or something as meaningless as uni's can be decided by the players who wear them - because it gives them a sense of ownership and recruits like it. (More or less what Shafer has said every time he is asked about it.)

Arguing about it can be left to the grown ups.

- Respectfully submitted.

Uniform colors and overall style are so subjective these days. For example, I looked up the definition of "uniform" on the online Merriam-Webster dictionary and this is what it said:

: an imaginary animal that looks like a horse and has a straight horn growing from the middle of its forehead

So you can see, a uniform can look like anything, even a mythical creature.

This shade of Orange looks good if they wore the blue pants or white pants with them. I don't see how anybody could complain if we wore Orange tops considering we are the freaking Orange.

PSU and NW. I think that's it.

It was blue pants v. FSU. The traditional outfit is Orange helmet with orange pants, blue shirt at home, white shirt on the road.

Why do people want the traditional uniforms when we are the Syracuse Orange and wearing Blue tops and Orange pants has no tradition. Blue is not an official color Dr. Gross could start wearing Gold with Orange or Pink with Orange. Blue isn't a tradition it was just a color picked because it worked with Orange but it is not an official or traditional color. People would complain like crazy if we started wearing blue basketball jerseys so I hate the whole traditional argument just wear a lot of FREAKING ORANGE on the jerseys since it is our only official color and it is our nickname.

The GRob era Orange jerseys were ugly because of the dark Orange shade selected and the horrible piping on the jerseys that made us look like LSU with a horrible shade of Orange. I don't care if we wear Orange/Blue/White pants with the Orange tops just wear Orange tops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom