Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed

BxacUhaIUAAhwas.jpg:large

KaiserUEO said:
1. Drop the multiple helmet bullspit. Just the Orange with the block S. I give up on the return of the numbers. 2. Orange pants for every game. 3. Blue, White & Orange jerseys in rotation. 4. Once a year, an all white, grey or (gulp) blue. But of course, we only have the Orange hat to complement, hopefully matching the shoes. Pretty simple stuff. And people, when your 'opinion' is just flat out Fn stupid, you should thank us for pointing out your folly and saving you from future embarrassment. Now everybody go get your field glasses so you can tell who is who and read which team is the no-longer orange off the scroll while watching on the telly today.

Like others have been told about their snarkiness, you could lose the next to last paragraph.

Also, quite possibly SU's most talented recruit weighs in on the uniforms:

@tae_strick_23: Cuse is gonna be looking clean in them all white uniforms
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png

Now picture those jerseys with orange pants and helmet.
Those jerseys are nice, and orange pants would make it. I'm cool with white helmets as an alternate -- but yes, on most days we should be wearing orange helmets.

I'm actually very interested to see what the new orange pants will look like next year.

A Clockwork Orange said:
Those jerseys are nice, and orange pants would make it. I'm cool with white helmets as an alternate -- but yes, on most days we should be wearing orange helmets. I'm actually very interested to see what the new orange pants will look like next year.

Of the combos we have, like them or not, the white jerseys are the nicest.

Of the combos we have, like them or not, the white jerseys are the nicest.
I agree on the jersey, and yes, I would also like to see what it would look like with either the orange helmet and/or orange pants

The white jerseys look nice. The blue ones are hard to read. If we wore these white ones at home I wouldn't mind it. I agree with what Kaiser said about the orange pants, but I am okay with white pants with orange tops and am okay with the helmets being white, blue, orange. At home I would love orange tops with either white or orange pants, white tops with orange pants on the road.

Make the blue tops/pants the alternate uniforms.

They look like the IU all whites, the Cincy all whites, the Oklahoma State all whites and on and on.

They don't look like SU Football.

Good lord.

"Fresh"..."Clean"...how long will that last in an outdoor game in the rain?

And why aren't colors fresh and clean?

Alsacs said:
The white jerseys look nice. The blue ones are hard to read. If we wore these white ones at home I wouldn't mind it. I agree with what Kaiser said about the orange pants, but I am okay with white pants with orange tops and am okay with the helmets being white, blue, orange. At home I would love orange tops with either white or orange pants, white tops with orange pants on the road. Make the blue tops/pants the alternate uniforms.

Just an FYI. We can't wear white jerseys at home unless the opponent agrees before the season. Likewise, wearing the white jersey today was required by rule.

I care.

And many others care.

That's why, I guess, the topic generates so much discussion.

Father to teenage son: "Get a haircut!"

Son: "But Dad, the kids are all wearing their hair long!"

Father: "So what? It makes you look like a bum!"

Son: "Dad, hair doesn't matter. It's who you inside that counts!"

Dad: "Then you won't mind getting a haircut."

It's not that I sympathize with the father or the son. It's that you can't announce that it doesn't matter while you are acting like it does. The way you look is the image you choose to present to the world. You chose it for a reason. That's going to produce opinions. If the uniforms didn't matter, there's be no reason to change them. And since they therefore matter, opinions on them matter, too. They don't matter as much as other things, like winning. But they matter. If they don't matter, why not wear a uniform that those for whom it matters like?

And if the new unis make the players feel better so they play better it's time for them them to demonstrate that.

Just an FYI. We can't wear white jerseys at home unless the opponent agrees before the season. Likewise, wearing the white jersey today was required by rule.

That is true.

As you know, some teams wear white at home - LSU and Ga. Tech.

And Syracuse University Football wore white at home for years under Schwartzwalder - until Baylor forgot to bring its home jerseys to Archbold in 1967, I believe.

That is when the switch to the blue jerseys became standard.

Like others have been told about their snarkiness, you could lose the next to last paragraph.
That was my favorite one.

The top should be law.

The last, just a helpful suggestion.