Unofficial Wake Forest Tailgate (Pre & Post Game) | Syracusefan.com

Unofficial Wake Forest Tailgate (Pre & Post Game)

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Ladies and Gentlemen -

It's time to put some information out regarding the Unofficial Tailgate for the Syracuse/Wake Forest game on Saturday, October 18th. We know that the Athletic Department is setting up the "official tailgate", but we'd like to offer a smaller one for people who don't want to pay the $30 or want something a little smaller. Special thanks to TexanMark and some other great posters who are helping provide some supplies.

With a 12pm game on cap, the tailgating lots open up 6 hours before kickoff! This is great because it gives me an excuse to start tailgating at 6am, which I fully intend on doing!

We will be setting up shop in the Public Parking Lot (In the LGVM Coliseum). It will cost $10 to park there. This lot is also right next to Yellow Lot D, which you can see on the parking map attached to this message. We will be setting up in the spaces closest to the road and Yellow Lot D. I'll be posting below who we have bringing supplies. If you are planning on bringing something as well, please list below what you will be bringing and I will updated it to the master thread. Like last years NCSU tailgate, plan on bringing some money to help diffuse the costs as much as possible. We'll be charging $5 for food and $5 for access to the coolers (with alcohol and soda) being provided. If you have questions, send me a message.

Please respond with how many people will be in your party (so w can account for supplies) and if you can commit to bringing anything. Remember, we will be there before the game AND after.

Syracuse/Wake Forest Unofficial Tailgate RSVP/Supplies List

JackBauer44 - 3 - Syracuse Cornhole & Syracuse KanJam boards, grilling supplies (Plates, Napkins, Spatulas, Sanitizer, ect), some breakfast food for the early tailgaters, a backup canopy (in-case we need it) 2 coolers, and a couple cases of beer.

MiniCuse - 2 - A shi*ton of Franks/Snappy Grillers and mustard. (let me know how many people are in your party)

CuseJuicy - Grill with propane.

Nick Vaville - backup grill along with coolers and camping tables.

Crusty - A tent, a cooler, small table, chairs, and SU Flag/Flag Pole (so everyone can find us).

Tim - CuyahogaCuse - 3 cases of Reg and Diet Soda/Pop, Ice/cooler, 10 x 10 Canopy tent with 3 sides, Weight Plates, 6' Table, Small, Fire Extinguisher, 3 few folding chairs, Generator - didn't use at CMU, but we'll have it if we need it, & Jumper cables

orange_in_VA - 6 packs of Zweigles + hot dog accessories, Shi*-ton of beer.

OrangeTarheel - Beer, table, & TBD Snacks

CBomb - Utica Club!!!

Tomcat - 1 - Just himself & some Ice

Roger Needham - 2 - Plain Brownies
I'll keep updating this list as more information comes.

Items still needed: More alcohol (they allow kegs if anyone wants to be an all-star). Food items, & Ice.

Thanks Everyone!

Attachments

• Wake Forest fb-gameday-parking-map2014.pdf
    219.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I'll be bringing along approximately 6 packs of Zweigles hotdogs and accessories (buns, mustard, ketchup). Plates and paper towels if necessary. Will also be bringing plenty of beer as my crew is a thirsty bunch. We plan on coming early (early as possible) to start the festivities at the unofficial tailgate, then head over to the official for about an hour (more or less) before kickoff, and returning for a post game tailgate at the unofficial if people are down to hang still. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Can't wait!

I'll bring beer, snacks of some sort -- cornhole boards as well if I get really ambitious. Will try and bring a table as well.

There will be two in my party. Or it might just be me with an extra ticket.
So far, I have 8 packs total of franks/grillers. I'll pick up buns and mustard later this week. I'm bringing one cooler and beer also.
I will be down there 8 a.m. at the latest but i'm going to try to be there closer to 6.

BTW, anyone with extra tix to sell bring them to the unofficial tailgate. If you price them at $10 each you should get rid of them.

In FineMess tradition it is customary to invite opposing fans in...

a_002.png
Satellite View

Last edited:
Should I just be bringing Miller/Coors/Budweiser or does our crowd like to get fancy? I drink craft beer mostly but I don't want to bring something noone wants to drink.

Ladies and Gentlemen -

It's time to put some information out regarding the Unofficial Tailgate for the Syracuse/Wake Forest game on Saturday, October 18th. We know that the Athletic Department is setting up the "official tailgate", but we'd like to offer a smaller one for people who don't want to pay the $30 or want something a little smaller. Special thanks to TexanMark and some other great posters who are helping provide some supplies.

With a 12pm game on cap, the tailgating lots open up 6 hours before kickoff! This is great because it gives me an excuse to start tailgating at 6am, which I fully intend on doing!

We will be setting up shop in the Public Parking Lot (In the LGVM Coliseum). It will cost $10 to park there. This lot is also right next to Yellow Lot D, which you can see on the parking map attached to this message. We will be setting up in the spaces closest to the road and Yellow Lot D. I'll be posting below who we have bringing supplies. If you are planning on bringing something as well, please list below what you will be bringing and I will updated it to the master thread. Like last years NCSU tailgate, plan on bringing some money to help diffuse the costs as much as possible. We'll be charging $5 for food and $5 for access to the coolers (with alcohol and soda) being provided. If you have questions, send me a message.

Please respond with how many people will be in your party (so w can account for supplies) and if you can commit to bringing anything. Remember, we will be there before the game AND after.

JackBauer44 - 3 - Syracuse Cornhole & Syracuse KanJam boards, grilling supplies (Plates, Napkins, Spatulas, Sanitizer, ect), some breakfast food for the early tailgaters, a backup canopy (in-case we need it) 2 coolers, and a couple cases of beer.

MiniCuse - A shi*ton of Franks/Snappy Grillers and mustard. (let me know how many people are in your party)

Crusty - A tent, a cooler, small table, chairs, and SU Flag/Flag Pole (so everyone can find us).

CuyahogaCuse - Pop and a Backup tent. (Do we need the generator? - I'm not sure)

CBomb - Utica Club!!!

Items still needed: More alcohol (they allow kegs if anyone wants to be an all-star). Food items, & Ice.

Thanks Everyone!
Just me. I am flying in for this one, so will not be able to bring much of value. They wouldn't even let me bring Hoffman mustard with me the last time I tried...

I can understand French's but Hoffman? Barbarians.

Updated as of 10/10/14 @ 10:03am

I'll be there early and postgame to celebrate or commiserate. I'm bringing $40 to share some WFU ticketing profits with the group. I'll hand it over to minicuse.

I'll be walking be walking over to the official tailgate around 9:40am.

Should I just be bringing Miller/Coors/Budweiser or does our crowd like to get fancy? I drink craft beer mostly but I don't want to bring something noone wants to drink.

All beers are welcome! My family will probably stick to their coors light or whatever, but I'm gonna bring a couple 6 packs of craft brews. They just taste so much better! Was thinking magic hat #9, and some Allagash. Depends on what I can find.

We will be flying the Orange colors for everyone to find us. We may fly an American flag on top of it if it arrives in time. EDIT: The American Flag arrived so look for Old Glory flying on top of Old Orange!

Now, tell me these colors don't look great!
(Don't be confused by the absence of platinum.)
51T-hywyayL.jpg

Last edited:
A shout out to Crusty for buying the Flagpole/Flags for the unofficial tailgate. We will have the entire eastern seaboard covered...having a flag flying makes it much easier to find. BTW, sunrise on Saturday is 7:30am...but JackBauer will be setting up before sunrise. I expect he'll have a real nice spot close to the main east/west road (Deacon Blvd).

Update: Some WFU fans are saying real attendance will be 15-17k. They don't expect the lot we are parking in will fill up real fast.

These are really convenient

http://www.twicetheice.com/locations/
Ladies and Gentlemen -

MiniCuse - 2 - A shi*ton of Franks/Snappy Grillers and mustard. (let me know how many people are in your party)

Tim - CuyahogaCuse - 3 cases of Reg and Diet Soda/Pop, Ice/cooler, 10 x 10 Canopy tent with 3 sides, Weight Plates, 6' Table, Small, Fire Extinguisher, 3 few folding chairs, Generator - didn't use at CMU, but we'll have it if we need it, & Jumper cables

CBomb - Utica Club!!!

Tomcat - 1 - Just himself

Thanks Everyone!
Mark,
Two for the unofficial. Bringing brownies.

Roger

Making the trek from school down to the game this weekend. I'm a bit of a maybe to make it to the tailgate depending on how long it will take me to get to Winston-Salem. I'll try and stop by if I make it there with enough time before the game. I'll be there with my dad, an ex-SU player that's career was cut short due to injuries, and he knows little of the website but we will see how things go.

In for 2 for the unofficial. I'll be walking over to the official as well, but I hope to be in around 6am.

I am bringing a case of Victory Dirt Wolf IPA. At 8% ABV that should get you ready for the game.

Also bringing two kinds of wraps - one with roast beef, spinach and horse radish cream cheese and another with hummus, spinach and roasted red pepper. We won't have a grill and needed something that didn't need heating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom