unresponsive flight out of rochester | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

unresponsive flight out of rochester

Community reeling from city cop getting shot and killed two nights ago, now this, best, biggest developer in town, rehabbed a lotta old buildings, high-quality projects, huge plans to revamp downtown, particularly the old Midtown Plaza property. http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/rochester/downtowns-patron-saint/Content?oid=2402894

And his wife, successful businesswoman, her mail-order company does $50 mill a year in sales. http://webatsimon.com/bloggers-2/jane-glazer/
Sad. I spent so much time in the old Midtown Plaza. Would love to see what it looks like now...

Sad. I spent so much time in the old Midtown Plaza. Would love to see what it looks like now...
It's gone, all but the tower, which Glazer's company and another developer, Bob Morgan, are turning into residential and retail. Gannett's building its new office on the site, and Glazer had been talking about a movie theater, grocery store, other retail.
http://www.cityofrochester.gov/midtown/

Last edited:
Brand new, state-of-the-art aircraft purchased in February.

Brand new, wow. The "black" box will be needed to determine if it was pilot error.

Unless you're this guy.

iron-maiden-lead-singer-and-entrepreneur-bruce-dickinson-plans-to-create-up-to-1-500-aviation-jobs-at-st-athan-992844977.jpg

There is only one true Bruce Dickinson in my book

imgres.jpg

Very very sad. Could something like this have happened to the Malaysian airline?

That is 1 of the possible theories along with the hijacking, pilot suicide, etc...

According to report I heard, Glazer asked Charlotte traffic control to go to 18,000 feet and was told he could only go to 25,000 and they would work on getting him down from there. Recording has been widely distributed to media sources.
The thing I don't get is if you are a pilot and think u have a depressurization problem, would you wait on ATC? I wouldn't.

The thing I don't get is if you are a pilot and think u have a depressurization problem, would you wait on ATC? I wouldn't.
He might have seen warnings for something else that could be associated with a depressurization problem. Plus, he didn't declare an emergency which traffic control would have honored.

Unless you're this guy.

iron-maiden-lead-singer-and-entrepreneur-bruce-dickinson-plans-to-create-up-to-1-500-aviation-jobs-at-st-athan-992844977.jpg

I had to right-click on that and go to "View image info" to see who that is. Now I understand why I'd never heard of him, LOL!

I had to right-click on that and go to "View image info" to see who that is. Now I understand why I'd never heard of him, LOL!

Go find "Flight 666" and watch it. It's fascinating how Iron Maiden planned that tour and were able to do what no other band in the world could do for the money, all because Dickinson is a commercial pilot. They reduced their tour costs considerably which enabled them to play cities they never would have been able to otherwise, and cover every continent.

Go find "Flight 666" and watch it. It's fascinating how Iron Maiden planned that tour and were able to do what no other band in the world could do for the money, all because Dickinson is a commercial pilot. They reduced their tour costs considerably which enabled them to play cities they never would have been able to otherwise, and cover every continent.

Iron Maiden? Wishing no offense to anyone, I'll pass, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Cowtown said:
Iron Maiden? Wishing no offense to anyone, I'll pass, thanks. :)

To each their own, but they are incredible musicians with intelligent lyrics and Bruce Dickinson (sp?) is a great front man.

I checked the airplane specs. It can cruise up to 28,000 feet. You have to have a pressurized cabin above 12,000. So something probably happened that sucked all the air out of the cabin. For most planes when this happens the cause is metal fatigue. I wonder how old the airplane was?

The lack of oxygen is what gets you in the end.

I read that the plane was bought new in February, delivered at the end of March and Larry Glazer bought one of the first 3 planes built of this new model. He was upgrading from a TBM-700 that he had. Here's some info on the plane from a Rochester paper:
"He said the aircraft — the first single-engine, pressurized-cabin turboprops ever made, and still the fastest such airplanes in the world — have not been troubled by incidents of this type.

"I'm not aware of any history of anything like this happening with a TBM," he said.

While a loss of cabin pressure can lead to a precipitous loss of oxygen, Knott said TBM-900s are equipped with backup oxygen supplies. A mask is located immediately behind the pilot's seat."

So he did have oxygen available thus it would appear to me that the pilot couldn't totally ascertain what the problem was not to have used it. Being a new plane and Mr Glazer's experience with the earlier model of the same plane, it sure seems that there was a serious issue with the plane itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom