Up 7 after the under-8 TV timeout | Syracusefan.com

Up 7 after the under-8 TV timeout

pearl31

in cahoots
I'm just kind of pondering this today... I wonder what the winning % is for teams that are up by at least 7 coming out of the under-8 tv timeout. I'd like to go back maybe 10 years and see what the overall % is. Recently, it seems like a team almost always ends up winning with that lead at that time.
Thoughts?

I'm just kind of pondering this today... I wonder what the winning % is for teams that are up by at least 7 coming out of the under-8 tv timeout. I'd like to go back maybe 10 years and see what the overall % is. Recently, it seems like a team almost always ends up winning with that lead at that time.
Thoughts?
Yes, it would be interesting to see the actual percentage, but I think the rule of thumb is if you are down by however many minutes are left, you aren't really down. Down ten with ten to play, down eight with eight to play, down five with five to play, down two with two to play. Picking up a point a minute is definitely doable and we see it a lot.

It will also be a little different with the new shot clock
yeah, probably. Maybe a study of the :35 shotclock years - not sure when it changed from :45 to :35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom