Updated Bowl Projections | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

My order of preference of those that are being mentioned is camping, sun, music city.....
......pinstripe

I really don’t get OSU in the CFP over OU.

I don't either. Bear in mind, this is not necessarily the committee slotting them in and also prior to the game against Northwestern. Some of this speculation is fun, but it really doesn't matter until after the entire season is over. We have 1 more week to go and there could be more madness.

I’d rather SU play someone with a more traditional offense.

I really don’t get OSU in the CFP over OU.
OU can’t stop anybody. It’s a pretty strong narrative out there - not sure if that filters into the committee but it’s brought up anytime OU is discussed.

So it's looking like this

CFP- Clemson

Camping World- Syracuse

Belk- NC State
Pinstripe- Pittsburgh
Sun- Georgia Tech
Gator- Miami

Military- Virginia Tech
Independence- Virginia
Quick Lane- Boston College
Gasparilla- Duke

Wake Forest? Birmingham Bowl Maybe

NJ.com - Camping vs. WV

Our opponent could change based on Big 12 Champ game and whether or not Oklahoma makes the top 4. I’d prefer Iowa State since we have played WV so many times before and recently in a bowl game.

I like the overall SB Nation forecast, seems reasonable. That is probably why it won't happen.

So if Texas wins the big 12 then we prob won’t play wvu?
If Texas wins next Saturday or if Oklahoma makes the top 4 then West Va will bump up to Alamo Bowl. Next to move up to go camping with us is Iowa State. So yea it’s one of those two opponents and what happens at the top of the Big 12 will determine that. Projections saw it’s likely WV but could easily become Iowa St.

If Texas wins next Saturday or if Oklahoma makes the top 4 then West Va will bump up to Alamo Bowl. Next to move up to go camping with us is Iowa State. So yea it’s one of those two opponents and what happens at the top of the Big 12 will determine that. Projections saw it’s likely WV but could easily become Iowa St.

Kinda looking like Ohio State will leapfrog Oklahoma and grab 4 spot. But who knows.

I wouldn’t mind WVU. This is a different Mountaineer squad with Will Grier and the Big XII necessity of not playing defense.

Iowa State would be ok. Not as high profile of a game though.

People coming around. I think a lot of the previous projections had NC State to Camping World because we were the underdog against BC and when they drew these things up, the counted the loss for SU.

I hope they get to Orlando but I'm not expecting it so I won't be crushed if they take a school with the same record that has more alums that are mostly driving distance.

78 teams are needed to fill all of the bowls. So far, there are 81 eligible teams, so we do not need any 5-7 teams to fill the bowls.

OU can’t stop anybody. It’s a pretty strong narrative out there - not sure if that filters into the committee but it’s brought up anytime OU is discussed.
Neither can Ohio State. 51 to Maryland and 39 to Michigan. 31 to Nebraska and 49 to Purdue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom