USA Today misery list | Syracusefan.com

USA Today misery list

" It's an invisible program on the national level right now"

hard to argue

Macky44 said:
"mediocre ACC"

Noticed that. Maybe it was written before SEC tanked against the ACC last weekend.

Whitey23 said:
" It's an invisible program on the national level right now" hard to argue

It's been invisible, by and large, for at least 10 years.

Sigh.

Well, I mean, come on, what are we supposed to do? We need at least four more years to recruit for Lester's new offense.

4 and a half if you assume we need to recruit for the guy who will take over for Lester halfway through next season.

SU > Wake > VPI > tO$U. ;)

Misery, or apathy?

There used to be a time when an SU loss in basketball, football, or lacrosse would ruin my entire week. I still root for the team as actively as I always have, but I've become anesthetized to the losing--especially when it comes to football. Losing still bothers me, but it doesn't ruin my week anymore.

Well, I mean, come on, what are we supposed to do? We need at least four more years to recruit for Lester's new offense.
thats actually a better option than door A, which is...we cant fire him because we dont want the AD to hire a new guy, but we're not sure when we will get around to firing the AD, so the current coach gets to keep his job.

We've been unranked (and invisible) since 2002.

SU must have borrowed a cloaking device from the Romulans.
the Hallmark Romulan Warbird ornament from...got to be 20 years ago, just made it back onto my Christmas tree for another year.

since i know you are all curious, my contributions are all sports and Star Trek and Star Wars.

the Hallmark Romulan Warbird ornament from...got to be 20 years ago, just made it back onto my Christmas tree for another year.

since i know you are all curious, my contributions are all sports and Star Trek and Star Wars.

717sbbbyD0L._SL1052_.jpg

"mediocre ACC"

I thought that was interesting given this earlier in the column:

"It has a solid, unspectacular program that operates with fewer resources than its rivals in the Atlantic Coast Conference..."

Well invisible would be a step up from ugly/bad which is more of where we are now.

thats it!

i also got the Enterprise, TNG Enterprise, Klingon Bird of Prey, the talking Shuttle Craft (Spock still talks), Kirk and Picard.

Amazing. And yet people jumped all over me last night when I said Shafer is an idiot who has no idea what he's doing. Welcome to the clown show boys--starring us.
He is not an idiot and everyone knows that. Ad hominen attacks always come from people who are either too lazy or too ignorant to articulate their argument.

Can someone repost/bump the thread that shows the only teams who have not been ranked in the last 10+ years?

That was just insane. How that even happens makes little sense to me.

We've been unranked (and invisible) since 2002.

SU must have borrowed a cloaking device from the Romulans.

Is this really true?

My God. Barry Bonds was just coming off of playing the Angels in the World Series the last time SU was ranked in football. That World Series seems like ages ago.

Or put it this way...Tim Teebow (college football's golden child for the first decade of the 2000s) was just entering high school.

We were last ranked at the end of the 2001 season when we finished 10-3. Ended up #14 in both polls.

Reactions: 007
Is this really true?

My God. Barry Bonds was just coming off of playing the Angels in the World Series the last time SU was ranked in football. That World Series seems like ages ago.

Or put it this way...Tim Teebow (college football's golden child for the first decade of the 2000s) was just entering high school.
Tebow was in the 8th grade??

wow, thats perspective.

good lord is Syracuse football bad.

We were last ranked at the end of the 2001 season when we finished 10-3. Ended up #14 in both polls.

And the last time we appeared in the AP preseason poll was 1998. That's 16 years of irrelevance (I'm going out on a limb and guessing we won't be ranked heading into 2015).

werent all the p5 schools but 2 ranked at one point during the past 10 years- one was su

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom