USA Today - Victims rights activist calls Jim Boeheim 'cowardly' | Syracusefan.com

USA Today - Victims rights activist calls Jim Boeheim 'cowardly'

I guess Rev Hoatson never got the memo that Davis previously tried to extort money from Bernie.

Yes fire Boeheim, close down Syracuse University and pay the victims 500 million. (Also 10% to this clown's charity). Then and ONLY then will justice be served.

Investigations, facts, and police reports are for cowards.

Glad he didn't call Boeheim a chicken because then he'd go all marty mcfly on the guy.

This is why they always say to say nothing, the accusers always get a free pass in the beginning because no one really knows if they are telling the truth or not but how can you not defend a friend of 50 years? I think what Boeheim said was said pretty well and it was refreshing to have someone actually come out and not do the text book keep it quiet, it was not cowardly by any means and pretty ballsy to be honest.

**DISCLAIMER: I was and am thrilled that JB came out so quickly and vehemently in support of BF. Additionally, I view this Hoatson and his motives with significant skepticism**

That said, now we're seeing why JB publicly accusing the alleged victim of lying was not good. Other (possibly more credible) critics are likely to join in with Hoatson, and possibly shape a new narrative in all of this.

Yup, that's who I am listening to regarding child molestation allegations... priests.

Surprised that 'Captain Bullhorn' isn't there telling everyone that they are going to hell.

The fact is that people are unfairly giving the accusers every benefit of doubt, and Bernie none. Jim supports his friend and that's cowardly? He could have used more tact, yes, but it's absurd to call him cowardly.

The only victims here are JB and Fine.

The accusers are victims too, i guess, but the cause of their strife was nature - not bernie.

sad.

Who gives a hoot? JB gets criticism every day of his life about anything he does. He's a public figure, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wiped himself with this, just like he does all other criticism pieces.

That said, now we're seeing why JB publicly accusing the alleged victim of lying was not good. Other (possibly more credible) critics are likely to join in with Hoatson, and possibly shape a new narrative in all of this.

'em. Seriously, losers like this always lead the freakin' lynch mob before the entire story comes out, and then slink away like the gutless snakes they are when they allegations lead nowhere or get disproven.

The issue isn't what JB said, it's that we as a society let a$$clowns like this guy shape the narrative with no consequence to his credibility when the story goes south on him. He's only marginally less repulsive a piece of human excrement than the Westboro Baptist Church psychopaths.

Yup, that's who I am listening to regarding child molestation allegations... priests.

Surprised that 'Captain Bullhorn' isn't there telling everyone that they are going to hell.
ummmm ... ex-priest.

15 minutes of fame ... what about BF as the victim? Were they using the word, "alledged" btw? Of course not ...now they can be open for a lawsuit.

Glad he didn't call Boeheim a chicken because then he'd go all marty mcfly on the guy.

This is why they always say to say nothing, the accusers always get a free pass in the beginning because no one really knows if they are telling the truth or not but how can you not defend a friend of 50 years? I think what Boeheim said was said pretty well and it was refreshing to have someone actually come out and not do the text book keep it quiet, it was not cowardly by any means and pretty ballsy to be honest.

tumblr_lpa9007SdB1qgkh1do1_500.gif

The problem here is the media. They took JB's "liars" comment out of context.

He should have said lemon and would have had the fruit and color, no second chances for you george costanza.

JB is quite the guy...out spoken...off the cuff...and defended his friend...all of which is good stuff...he could have left liar out of his words and still gotten the point across...

Hoarson is a f*%$ing idiot.

Hang tough JB. If you believe your friend and colleague is being railroaded by a couple of liars I have no problem with you saying so as long as you understand the repercussions if it turns out Bernie wasn't who you think he is.

Why is Hoarson an idiot? Because he has condemned a guy based on hearsay. From two questionable characters to boot. Hoarson, like everyone else who only knows JB, Davis, Bernie and Lang from the media, needs to keep an open mind until the investigators do their work.

Was Hoarson there? I assume not. Davis said JB knew something was up, that he had seen him (Davis) in BF's hotel room; JB is refuting this fact. One of them is lying. I'd put money on JB being the truth-teller in this case.

Exactly, JB is not saying that abuse victims are pansies in general, rather he is saying in this one instance, with knowledge of these two accusers, he thinks they are lying.

Hoarson is an attention seeking idiot... I voiced that concern to him via his website... Please do the same

http://www.road-to-recovery.org/content/contact-road-recovery

Which they won't bother to point out or put into context.

Gotta tell ya, watching this unfold it just reiterates how the the media can be the single most DESTRUCTIVE force in our society.
Forget politics, crime, racism, the economy, etc.
If they take a certain angle to an issue, doesn't matter what the truth is, you're done! And they affect so MANY issues when they act irresponsibly or unethically. Oh Lord

I'll reserve judgement until 1.Buzz Shaw
2. Jake Crouthamel
3. Dennis Duval
Have their piece.