Class of 2015 - USA Under 18 Final Roster | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 USA Under 18 Final Roster

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
http://www.usab.com/mens/u18/roster.html

Congratulations to Tyler Lydon for making the USA U-18 Roster. Unfortunately, Malachi didn't make the cut.

Edit - Hopefully someone can tell me. Do they carry 15 or 13? The website says "2014 USA Basketball Men’s U18 National Team Finalists Roster" I take that to mean that it's the final roster. I could be wrong though..

Double Edit - There ya go. If I could change the title, I would. Thanks y'all.

Last edited:
Thought it would be Lydon missing the cut and Malachi making it. Too bad for Malachi

Thought it would be Lydon missing the cut and Malachi making it. Too bad for Malachi

That is too bad about Malachi but it does something about Lydon. I confess that with the way that recruiting numbers have been going, I thought at first that we might have been a bit hasty on offering Lydon. I love that it looks more and more like I was wrong.

I believe there is one additional cut coming to get from 15 down to 12. So Lydon is not secure yet.

surprised about Malachi. He supposedly is in the top 12 of his class. They must have had a few higher rated guards in the mix.

I do not think it is an accident that three of the few underclassmen on the team who are guards are being recruited by Arizona or Florida and are still undecided. Billy Donavan and Sean Miller are coaching the team. Antonio Blateney, Isiah Briscoa, and Alonzo Trier are being recruited by one of them. I would not look to much into because of this.

I do not think it is an accident that three of the few underclassmen on the team who are guards are being recruited by Arizona or Florida and are still undecided. Billy Donavan and Sean Miller are coaching the team. Antonio Blateney, Isiah Briscoa, and Alonzo Trier are being recruited by one of them. I would not look to much into because of this.
Nice catch. Didn't even think about this. Hey, these guys are talented and that's cool. Mali will back it all up when all is said and done. He's going to flow like someone we know with high socks.

The coaches have their own style of play and prolly just want players who match up best to that style. JB does exactly the same thing while recruiting. I don't take it as a knock against MR. He still gonna light it up for Cuse where he's a perfect scheme fit.

I think the challenge for our guys making this team, as much as those players still being recruited by Billy Donovan and Sean Miller, is the fact that there are several seniors that won't get cut. Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow, the senior center from Houston, and a couple more. Good crop of kids to try out with, and no shame in not making this team for Richardson. Good luck to Tyler Lydon!

To have a SU recruit on the team, considering only 12 made it, is great. I bet this benefits Tyler more so than if Malachi made the team. I hope Tyler gets decent PT.