USA vs. Panama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USA vs. Panama

Good job by the USA B+ squad this Gold Cup. Grant Wahl's article on SI basically gave us the information winning this Gold Cup should move the USA's FIFA ranking into the top 20 which is great for us if you want to hold out for hope for that last seed in the 2014 World Cup which I don't see as happening. The best USA players were Donovan(who earned his starting XI spot on the A team), Wondo, Beckerman, Eddie Johnson, and Besler. This team did a great job guaranteeing the USA will atleast have a playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup in Russia which is a good warm up tournament. I think the USA is still one lock down defender and one Luis Suarez striker from competing for the World Cup title, but I think this team can make the knockout stages in Brazil and depending on the opponent could do some damage. Watching this Panama game though our offense gets clogged down when the opponent has some talent and plays 9/10 men behind the ball breaking down defenses. Onto San Jose and the matchup with Costa Rica in September.

The Jurgen Klinsmann trap door
ku-xlarge.gif

did anyone else notice jk seemed to be getting flak from someone as he came onto the field and he gestured for them to bug off? maybe that wasnt what the exchange was about but if so i love it-

Knowing FIFA they'll try to ban him for life because he came out on the field to celebrate with his team. ;)

I love the balls he had for starting to walk down at the start of stoppage time. Panama still had some life at that point. I love the guy.

Shea has proven his worth as an impact sub. He's fast and can cross well. His touch is still not that good. Hopefully a full year with Stoke City and EPL quality training everyday will help him. American players always praised for work ethic and hustle but lacking in technical and tactical skill. Shea a good example.

Aw man. Holden tore his right ACL. Heartbroken for him.

Aw man. Holden tore his right ACL. Heartbroken for him.

Man, that's what I was fearing. He walked off easily enough but when it's an ACL tear, most of the time you can't really tell. Guys with ACL tears always seem to be walking okay, which is such a freaking horrible trick being played by the human body. You think it's going to be a little tweak or something, and the boom. Torn ACL.

Feel so bad for Holden. The guy just cannot catch a break.

Got a pit in my stomach when I read that...

Imagine an in-form Holden (Bolton Player of the Year) as an option in a midfield with Bradley, Jones, Donovan, and Dempsey.

Probably would have been our strongest mid-field ever... or at least as good as '02.

He needs to go see the guys on SU Hill that rebuilt both Andy's and Devo's knees.

:( - hopefully he can make it back and at least play back in the states- completely not fair and really sucks as he was just starting to get towards being in decent form

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom