USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

the GOR is the dumbest thing on the planet and no one will get 100% of what they think they will.

no one.

not one.

MARK IT DOWN.

renegotiate and survive.

the rest is a waste of time.

keep thinking that what the fans think matters, what the fans actually think is in the football numbers and thats what matters.
Please don't double down on stupid. The GOR won't help anyone survive. But only a complete dimwit would suggest letting people that signed one, off the hook. No one with a lick of business sense would suggest that would be a good idea.

Sure would be nice if we had a baseball program with the way the SEC and ACC are beginning to invest in the sport. We really don't belong with the southern schools.

Don't really fit in with the B1G either but we're more similar to them than the former.
It would be nice to have a baseball team as something to follow. And for the reasons you just suggested.

And the answer is "remain independent in Football".

Remove the money equation. There will be money in the banana stand as George Bluth said.

ND wants to remain above the fray and it is great news. Mega conferences may only end up extracting more auto entries to a new playoff. As I said before 12 spots, big leagues get 4 each and there is 4 left for regional leagues. Or 5 each and 2 wildcards

We value opinions from all sides on this issue Alsacs.

I am glad we have you, along with SU, ND, Wahoo and Tar Heel fans too offering insights.

It is a complex issue with a lot of nuances.

I for one still hope there is a way ND gives those B1G scumbags a giant 'old stink eye' and decides to become a full member of the ACC.

I have no use for the B1G. They would happily destroy every conference to make a little more money, when they already have more than they will ever need.
Whoa whoa whoa...

im-not-dead-i-survived (1).gif

I am completely a hypocrite and realize I have Irish colored glasses on. I'm just saying they operate from a position of strength and self interest. I'm a Syracuse grad, grew up in Boston as an Eagle fan and have family who are Irish grads.

I think if Syracuse was in their position they wouldn't have done anything differently so far. ND has an identity and they do everything to retain that identity. They see themselves as college football royalty that doesn't need a conference to support it.

I think ultimately they will get what they want because their brand is on par with the Cowboys, Coca Cola, Apple and Ford. It's an iconic brand that people will allows gravitate to.
For the record, I don’t think you’re a hypocrite.

I think the level of greed and selfishness required to compete in P5 (P2.5?) college football is diametrically opposed to Catholicism.

SU let go of its religious roots over 100 years ago so I have a hard time believing they’d be viewed as equally hypocritical as a secular institution.

I say all of this as the son of an Irish immigrant and practicing Catholic.

It’s the veneer of piety over cutthroat greed that turns me off.

Academics do matter, actually, at least to some extent, especially for the top tier conferences like the B1G. As the conference expansion guru Frank the Tank always says: You need to think like a university President, not like a fan, when thinking about these moves. TV money and markets rule the day but academic prestige and research does factor into who gets called.
Good point.

Here is the thing. 100 m a year looks great. Unless the school has to spend the majority of it simply to complete within their own division. Sure there will be a profit but if ND can compete and get into the playoffs without joining a conference that is the path they will take.
Why? Because ND isnt going to lower their academic standards. Its why that shi head clown that killed the kid is sipping sweet tea in Tiger land.

ND will never join the SEC.

Way back in the day, SU routinely played Oregon State. Have no idea why.
That is all.

And UCLA. I think it was about exposure to West Coast sportswriters who vote in the AP Poll. Once upon a time that mattered to us.

They can't because ESPN has the rights, and they aren't going to open the contract.
They want the ACC to implode, so they can pick off the pieces for the SEC.
If the ACC adds new programs, that would open the window for a contract look in.

You just wait for all those 11:00 p.m. tipoff times.

We better get everything in writing.
Our commissioner thinks a handshake is all that’s required. Good lord. He didn’t give me a warm in fuzzy when he said that and my confidence in him hasn’t improved.

Rick has said this since about 2004. The mole was right!

I still can’t believe the ACC trip to Syracuse in like 03 was when I came to find this board and here we are 19 years later doing it again. What a life

iu

Seeing rumors the SEC is now targeting Clemson, FSU, UNC and Virginia

If the ACC adds new programs, that would open the window for a contract look in.
I believe that to be true. There are however, no "high value" teams left to acquire. I don't think any teams would leave the Big12 to come to the ACC, it would cost them money for a lateral move to a conference who is being sized up for a raid, at some point. The Big12 will be nicely set if the acquire the Pac teams. So who is there left?

Seeing rumors the SEC is now targeting Clemson, FSU, UNC and Virginia
I would have thought VT instead of UVA but a combination of those 4 is not a surprise. If they left, Would love to see a 10 team ACC merge with a 10 team PAC

Sounds a lot like Maryland.

UCLA football is already an afterthought out here and when they start piling up dogshit B1G seasons it will just get worse.
Distressed property.

Debt factors into security clearances. Maybe here it was a feature, not a bug.

Crazy. There was even an idiot that thought the ACC should just let schools walk from the GOR without collecting hundreds of millions on the way out the door.
Ignorance and denial are a powerful brew.

Didn’t say you were dead. Just don’t value your opinion.

Joke. ;). Would love to hear what a Clemson fan thinks.

If there was a BC fan or. Pitt fan out there on the Internet, we would love to hear from them too. Maybe someday…

Their dial up won’t load the 54 pages of this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom