USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

UCLA is bankrupt, financially, morally and ethically. If Notre Dame can't get out of the GOR the B1G and their friends are going to lose.

No athletic scholarships is a big sticking point. Duke ain't agreeing to that.

Holy Cross was no athletic scholarships...until they weren't.

Everyone talks in such absolutes. I'm not saying this will happen. Probably will never ever happen but the ivy league should think bigger than the membership as it currently stands. The Ivy League is sucking up sooo many applications right now that they could afford to expand their membership purely to create less scarcity. I have a rising senior and the college application process is crazy. Boston College is as hard to get into as a Cornell at this point.

Higher education can be modified. Even the Ivy League.

Holy Cross was no athletic scholarships...until they weren't.

Everyone talks in such absolutes. I'm not saying this will happen. Probably will never ever happen but the ivy league should think bigger than the membership as it currently stands. The Ivy League is sucking up sooo many applications right now that they could afford to expand their membership purely to create less scarcity. I have a rising senior and the college application process is crazy. Boston College is as hard to get into as a Cornell at this point.

Higher education can be modified. Even the Ivy League.
BC accepts twice the percentage of students as Cornell.

99% of the ideas posted in this stimulant induced thread will never happen. It's the who's replacing JB thread of the football board.

99% of the ideas posted in this stimulant induced thread will never happen. It's the who's replacing JB thread of the football board.
there will never be anything written on the football board thats as bad as anything ever written on the hoop board.

never.

Last edited:
Without any regard to maintaining reality contact, my gut reaction is to tell the Big 10 and the SEC to GFY and try to get every other conference to ostracize them in every sport including post-season tournaments. No scheduling any BIG10/SEC team in anything ever again. Ever.

Without any regard to maintaining reality contact, my gut reaction is to tell the Big 10 and the SEC to GFY and try to get every other conference to ostracize them in every sport including post-season tournaments. No scheduling any BIG10/SEC team in anything ever again. Ever.

And you know who would gladly fill that space - Group of 5 and FCS.

oh boy.

sigh...

Faegan has never left Faegan's.

that is exactly what the SEC and B1G want, they do not need anyone else to have best tv $$ contracts and the best football players and declare their winner the NC.

the rest of us d1aa's all want to join them somehow.

they likely wont schedule us, not the other way around.

The Ivy League which should be on the offensive now. Add some west coast schools, increase your sport involvement. The shackles are off what we perceive higher education to be and how sports folds in. The Ivy League should take note
Stadium size could be a problem for them. Harvard, Yale, and Penn, IIRC, are the only schools with a stadium that met the D-1A size requirement when D-1 was split back in the day. the Ivies were really PO'ed about it because they felt they were college football for the longest time and now they're being exiled.

oh boy.

sigh...

Faegan has never left Faegan's.

that is exactly what the SEC and B1G want, they do not need anyone else to have best tv $$ contracts and the best football players and declare their winner the NC.

the rest of us d1aa's all want to join them somehow.

they likely wont schedule us, not the other way around.
Go read the first seven words of my post. Sigh... LOL.

Stadium size could be a problem for them. Harvard, Yale, and Penn, IIRC, are the only schools with a stadium that met the D-1A size requirement when D-1 was split back in the day. the Ivies were really PO'ed about it because they felt they were college football for the longest time and now they're being exiled.

Until it doesn't matter. People are going to less games in person than before. I think stadium size is a foolish determination of a football school. It's a crazy idea until it isn't

Go read the first seven words of my post. Sigh... LOL.
yep.

youre draggin the football board into hoop board territory.

What are you talking about? Man. You are actually comparing holding someone to the contract that they willingly signed with what UConn did. That is Kaiser level dumb. That it is dishonorable to hold someone to a contract? We have a severe lack of business understanding on this board. Now, if you want to make a deal where we waive the GOR in exchange for a boatload of money, that is a different story. No matter what, they want to leave, they are going to pay a lot to do it.

The above is holding them accountable. They have to pay their way out of the GOR. Schools will leave before 2036. Why go to court to get divorced when it can be done amicably? So yes taking a school to court and being a d1ck is UConnesque. The ACC will not stay together long term. Let's make a plan for ending it vs fighting out of spite.

"Now, if you want to make a deal where we waive the GOR in exchange for a boatload of money, that is a different story."

That is what we are saying. So you agree with us. Took long enough.

BC received 40,477 applications—the most in its history—for the Class of 2026, and admitted just 16 percent of all applicants. The percentage of admitted students at BC is half of what it was only five years ago, when the admit rate for the Class of 2021 (with 28,454 applications) was 32 percent.

Cornell is at 11% i think with 49k applicants. It's getting to the point where they will be on top of each other very soon.

BC received 40,477 applications—the most in its history—for the Class of 2026, and admitted just 16 percent of all applicants. The percentage of admitted students at BC is half of what it was only five years ago, when the admit rate for the Class of 2021 (with 28,454 applications) was 32 percent.

Cornell is at 11% i think with 49k applicants. It's getting to the point where they will be on top of each other very soon.
BC will never be Cornell. Cornell's endowment is 3 times the size of BC. I don't care how you spin it.

yep.

youre draggin the football board into hoop board territory.
Wouldn't know... haven't been there in quite some time.

I notice you still didn't address the first 7 words of my initial post.

Wouldn't know... haven't been there in quite some time.

I notice you still didn't address the first 7 words of my initial post.
i did.

leaving reality to post, just to post...is hoop boardesque.

stay in faegan' s and let us figure this out.

How will the PAC get a contract from any media when these teams would just be killing time before they go to the B1G? Utah, the Arizona teams and Colorado want to go to the Big12 and why would they wait?

He continues his schtick wether he is on the OT, FB, or BB board. Don’t fall into it
some people have figured out how to play, like Faegan...yet others have not and get all riled up.

like you who cant tell schtick from reality.

been pretty straight forward here, couldve phrased my OP differently to faegan to get to the real point, but whatever, he knows it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom