USF | Syracusefan.com

USF

Boy did Holtz leave a steaming pile for taggert to clean up there in Tampa. Glad we didn't get him at SU.

0-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -
Not far from the tree.

Combined with the solid play or UCF must be just killing USF fans.

UCF versus USF is coaching and stability, changing coaches every 2-3 years looking for that lightning in a bottle is not always a recipe for success, actually for the non premier programs it's a recipe for disaster. Stay the course, let the HC get acclimated, tweak his staff the first 1-2 years, establish his recruiting relationships and bases, assistants come and go, HC needs the most relationships and their top 1-2 assistants and then build the program, depth, pretty much everything marrone did for 4 years for the most part, Shafer now needs to do the same, I think in 2 years we will be in really good shape, not that we cant win 6-7 this year, IMO. The PSU game was a killer to win anymore than that.

O'Leary has always been a pretty gd good football coach, nothing fancy just good

If not for a little temper issue that flared up right after the Leach incident, USF might still have their original coach at the helm.

If not for a little temper issue that flared up right after the Leach incident, USF might still have their original coach at the helm.

Agree. Part of my thinking is that USF thought they were on the cusp of the next level and wanted a big time coach to bring them there, oops.

Agree. Part of my thinking is that USF thought they were on the cusp of the next level and wanted a big time coach to bring them there, oops.

I think you are right... I just googled Jim Leavitt... coaching linebackers for Harbuagh with the 49ers...

My guess is that guy knew what he was doing

I think you are right... I just googled Jim Leavitt... coaching linebackers for Harbuagh with the 49ers...

My guess is that guy knew what he was doing

He was an 8-4/7-5 type coach and couldn't move the needle up that many at the school wanted moved. They looked for an out because he was solid and found it.

UCF versus USF is coaching and stability, changing coaches every 2-3 years looking for that lightning in a bottle is not always a recipe for success, actually for the non premier programs it's a recipe for disaster. Stay the course, let the HC get acclimated, tweak his staff the first 1-2 years, establish his recruiting relationships and bases, assistants come and go, HC needs the most relationships and their top 1-2 assistants and then build the program, depth, pretty much everything marrone did for 4 years for the most part, Shafer now needs to do the same, I think in 2 years we will be in really good shape, not that we cant win 6-7 this year, IMO. The PSU game was a killer to win anymore than that.

O'Leary has always been a pretty gd good football coach, nothing fancy just good

If they had picked a coach that doesn't grab players by the throat in the locker room, they'd have that same stability with Leavitt.

USF also went from Grothe to Daniels to ??? Teams often see a hit with a new QB (USC?), but this question appears that it may not have an answer anytime soon.

And that will happily conclude my posts about USF for the rest of my life unless we should find ourselves playing them someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom